We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

Hello. I am seeking opinions regarding convenience of the Premiere Inn @ 15 Bath Rd. to transportation to LHR Terminal One the next day (noon flight) and local restaurants. I have been viewing this site (londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_eas…) which has been VERY helpful. However, I am seeking opinions regarding convenience of getting to Terminal One the next day (from a statement made on the website listed above, it sounds like the free Red London Bus does not continue on to the location of this particular Premiere Inn (....."If you are staying at one of the hotels along the Bath Road between the Park Inn and the Ariel Holiday Inn the journey is free to all terminals")? I currently have a fully refundable reservation at Premiere Inn/15 Bath, - but am now rethinking my options. We do not require anything fancy; just clean, convenient to Terminal One, with some restaurants/pubs within 1/2 or so mile walking distance; free WiFi is a bonus! If anyone has experience with other Bath Rd. region hotels that fit these requirements, I would appreciate the input. My present room rate is 89£ for a Monday night, and I would like to keep the room rate in this range. I see that there is a "Hoppa Bus" site very near to this hotel, and if I am reading the website for this service correctly, the most the Hoppa would cost us is 7£ each to LHR in the morning?

Thank you for any advice/recommendations you can provide!

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

This is what Premier Inn's website says:

Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) shuttle bus

Hoppa Bus H6 - departs Heathrow terminals 1, 2 and 3 every 15 minutes from the designated coach/bus park outside of arrivals at each terminal.

Costs £4.00 for adults, free for under 16’s. The bus runs from 5:15 am until 11:15pm daily and can be caught outside the hotel for journeys to terminals 1, 2 and 3.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

We stay at this Premier Inn when transiting through LHR and have taken the Hoppa Bus from the hotel to Terminal 1 (as well as Terminal 5).

There are two Hoppa Bus routes that stop at the hotel. H6 goes to Terminal 1 (and 3). H56 goes to Terminals 4 and 5. The bus will show the number. Be sure you get on the right one.

We normally catch the bus at the parking lot entrance to the hotel (which I think of as the "back entrance"). There are benches where you can sit with your luggage until the bus arrives. You might want to check with the information desk at the hotel about the stop. Once we caught the bus in front of the hotel entrance on Bath Road (which I think of as the "front entrance". However, that was only the once out of several stays and we're not sure why the stop changed on that particular day.

Sorry cannot comment on restaurants around the hotel. We eat very simply and can usually find something on the hotel restaurant menu.

Edited: 12 April 2014, 18:25
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

The Heathrow Bath Road hotels are best used for a very short stopover.

Most are isolated from Food, entertainment and other services.

If you don't want to Dine in at Premier you could walk along to the Restaurant at Radisson Blu , Holiday Inn or the Sheraton Skyline Hotel, but check the Menu out online first.

Edited: 12 April 2014, 19:02
Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

I've used that Premier Inn and would not hesitate to do so again. The Hoppa bus is convenient and reliable, if a little overpriced for the length of the journey. The food and drink in the Premier Inn are perfectly adequate, and undoubtedly cheaper than going to one of the swankier hotels nearby -if all you want is a steak and chips and a pint of beer, it's perfect.

Wifi in all Premier Inns is free for 30 minutes, or £3 for 24 hours, which I also think is perfectly reasonable for a low cost, no frills hotel chain.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,155 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

At very busy times the PI car park gets blocked making it difficult or even impossible for the Hoppa bus to drop off and collect at "the back entrance". If in doubt do ask the staff.

If you want to save a few pennies then there is a bus stop directly outside the hotel and two local buses (105,111) will take you to the Central Bus Station, a 4 or 5 minute walk from T1. Single fare is £2.40.

If you want to pay nothing then you would need to walk along the Bath Road to the junction known as Harlington Corner from where the free bus zone starts. This would take about 7-8 minutes, maybe slightly more with a lot of luggage.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

Thank you all for your replies. In particular, thank you in particular DDootsie, for adding that the food @ the Premiere is decent and priced fairly. AuldJimmy, I thought Bath Rd. was good for having options for dining & proximity to Terminal One; I chose Bath Rd. because the website I attached above

( http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_east.htm) suggested Bath Rd. as a good place to stay so as to not be isolated from dining options. Perhaps I should rethink my hotel and stay somewhere else along Bath? TY.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,155 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

No need to rethink. It's not that far from the Premier Inn to other hotels and places to eat although there truly isn't anywhere exciting and I would almost certainly stay and eat in the hotel.

By the way if you happen to get in a taxi and ask for Bath the driver will think it is his lucky day as Bath is a city some 100 miles to the west. We never truncate road names here in the UK.

Bloomsburg
Level Contributor
515 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

Thanks adamhornets....."By the way if you happen to get in a taxi and ask for Bath the driver will think it is his lucky day as Bath is a city some 100 miles to the west.". Pretty funny, but great advice!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

Bath Road is a long Road, the bit shown on your link is probably about 2 Miles.

The White Heart should be easily walk-able.

http://whitehartharlington.co.uk/

I have recently stayed at a Premier Inn and found the Food OK and reasonably priced.

Edited: 14 April 2014, 17:06
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,604 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Convenience-Premiere Inn, 15 Bath Rd to Terminal One/dining?

Premier Inn has links from the hotel's webpage to the menu for the attached restaurant. See under "food and drink":

premierinn.com/en/hotel/HEAMTI/london-heathr…