We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two days in london, what should we do?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
two days in london, what should we do?

My husband and I are in our early thirties and need some advice for a two day stay in London. We have a limited amount of time and there is just so much to see, so please help narrow it down, with some must see sites to get a real taste of London. As far as our interests go, My husband is obsessed with soccer, so I have to work the Arsenal stadium tour into the trip. Additionally, we are pretty active, so I would prefer to walk as much as possible. We aren't really history buffs, but want to see the major sites of London sites of London without winding up in a tourist trap aka some hokey ripleys believe it or not. I forgot to mention, we are FOODIES. Any local restaurants with great food at a reasonable price would be appreciated. Please help us embrace the culture with getting suckered. We are very excited to visit so please help us make the most of our trip.

The All England Lawn Tennis Club
Arenas & Stadiums, Sports Complexes
Arsenal Stadium Tours & Museum
Speciality Museums, Arenas & Stadiums
Lord's Cricket Ground
Arenas & Stadiums, Sports Complexes, Speciality Museums
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: two days in london, what should we do?

There can be a fine line between tourist traps and great sights that attract a lot of tourists. You probably need to get a guidebook so that you can decide.

Well worth seeing:

Paid-for: Tower of London, St Paul's, Westminster Abbey, Churchill War Rooms, London Eye (if the weather's clear)

Free: London's many world class museums such as British Museum, V&A, National Gallery, both Tate Galleries, the walk around Westminster, the walk along the South Bank.. just generally walking the streets & soaking up the atmosphere.

Tourist traps: London Dungeon, Madame Tussaud's, London Bridge Experience... Anything in County Hall near the London Eye

Avoid the London Pass, which will have you rushing around underwhelming paid-for attractions in order to get your money's worth when there's so much you can see for free.

Search this forum for details of how to get 2 for 1 on pricey must-sees like the Tower of London.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,172 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: two days in london, what should we do?

You might be interested in this for a lunch one day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: two days in london, what should we do?

You do not say where you will be based.

There are lots of Restaurants in Soho and Covent Garden.

This site is useful for researching Restaurants, you can read the Menu before you get there.

4. Re: two days in london, what should we do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 06:16