We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparing low cost Victoria St hotels - other ideas?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Comparing low cost Victoria St hotels - other ideas?

I have reservations at three hotels right now in the Victoria Station/Westminster area (where we want to be) and in the time that I have booked them (months ago) their reviews have changed. Collin Hotel GBP 110, Winchester GBP 130, and Sanctuary Hotel GBP 150. all family rooms.

The Sanctuary is really more than we want to spend but did it because of heat - we are coming in mid-August - and they have A/C. Now it seems that it may be cool. But the Collin and Winchester have slipped in their ratings and reviews. especially the Collin.

Can anyone help me with this decision? other ideas in the area?

thank you. DT

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparing low cost Victoria St hotels - other ideas?

DT: Have you checked out the Luna & Simone and/or Victoria Park Plaza hotels? Not sure if the rates are too expensive, but have a look at their reviews.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparing low cost Victoria St hotels - other ideas?

thanks Lee. Luna has been booked up forever but I did get a lead on a place called Vandon House Hotel run by folks from Iowa (thats in the Midwest of the States like I am from) and got excellent reviews in Trip Advisor. quite inexpensive. so giving that a try and chuking the rest. thanks again.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
232 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparing low cost Victoria St hotels - other ideas?

I feel like a broken record, I've reported it so much...hope it's not redundant...but we tried Priceline for our 9/06 trip and got 2 rooms (we're also a family of five) for $160 US at Holiday Kensington Forum...you can check www.biddingfortravel.com and see what others are getting but I've seen lower wins for better hotels...We're saving quite a bit and it seems less than what you're paying for not so great reviews....good luck!

Tara

4. Re: Comparing low cost Victoria St hotels - other ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 05:25