We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to and from certain areas

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north wales
Level Contributor
203 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
getting to and from certain areas

hi,me and my partner are staying 3 nights very close to regents park ,albany street,I have booked tickets for a rib ride,hms belfast and madame tussauds,Are these places walkable from that area or will we need the tube /bus? Also someone said for us to go to borough market ,is it worth a visit? we are not london savvy having only been there once before !!! We will be there on a saturday afternoon ,sunday and monday.Any help would be grateful thanks.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,842 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to and from certain areas

Borough Market has a whole range of great food options. It can get exceptionally busy at times, but it's worth a visit.

Here's a website for planning walking routes: https://walkit.com/cities/london

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to and from certain areas

Madame Tussauds is the only one that is walkable from your Hotel.

Hms Belfast and Borough Market are near each other, you would have to take the Tube to London Bridge Station and then walk between.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,240 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to and from certain areas

Borough Market is closed on Sundays and limited on Mondays, so that may affect your plans.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,979 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to and from certain areas

If you decide to do Borough market you will need to do it on the Saturday. Not worth it on the Monday and closed Sunday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,783 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to and from certain areas

Transport for London"s journey planner will answer all your questions.

north wales
Level Contributor
203 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to and from certain areas

Thank you for your replies I am there till Tuesday morning , is there any other markets worth visiting like Camden ,my plans are ribride Sunday and Belfast Tussaud's Monday so were stuck for Saturday night what to do ?but we will probably have a saunter around I think .

California
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: getting to and from certain areas

It would be more efficient to see the HMS Belfast on the same day as the rib ride since they are near each other.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: getting to and from certain areas

Portobello Road Market is well worth a visit, its Saturday only .

When you go to M. Tussaud's you could walk through Regents Park and visit The Sherlock Holmes Museum at the top of Baker Street.

Saturday night I suggest a wander around the West End, there is Street entertainment in Trafalgar Square and Covent garden until quite late.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: getting to and from certain areas

+ Chinatown and Soho.

10. Re: getting to and from certain areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16