We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpacks at football matches allowed? (West Ham)

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Backpacks at football matches allowed? (West Ham)

Hello all,

I will be attending the West Ham-Spurs match on May 3rd. The time of the match has been moved up from 3pm to 12:45 and as such I will likely have to travel straight from Heathrow to Upton Park.

I only plan on having a backpack of clothes/toiletries with me. Would I be allowed to bring this in the stadium? My other option will be to leave it at the left-luggage spot at Paddington, but if I can save 10quid and the time needed to retrieve it after the match then I'd prefer it.

Thanks for your help!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,408 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpacks at football matches allowed? (West Ham)

If it's small enough to go under the seat you might get lucky although expect it to be thoroughly searched. I would though e-mail or phone the club to make sure.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpacks at football matches allowed? (West Ham)

I have never been to West Ham but at Southampton it is just like the above post says. Small bags are ok but they get searched. I expect it is the same for the whole league.

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Backpacks at football matches allowed? (West Ham)

Thanks for the responses. I'll contact the stadium.

4. Re: Backpacks at football matches allowed? (West Ham)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16