We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London booking the the most difficult

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
London booking the the most difficult

TA reviews have been so helpful booking our trip, all done except for London. Have read lots of comments and the recommended hotels are either booked or don't have positive TA reviews. Have looked at so many. Really need to book as it will only get harder.

We are 2 more mature age friends arriving at Heathrow on 10th August for 4 nights and and will be back in London on 30th for 2 nights before leaving from St Pancras for Europe. Would like to stay in a BnB, self catering or hotel in traditional buildings, but looking for a twin room which narrows the choice.

Would like to be close to rail or bus but in a quiet street, not looking for shops or bars, more interested in the sights.

Our budget is up to 125 GBP a night,

Would appreciate a fresh perspective on where to look.

Thank you

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
665 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London booking the the most difficult

Take a look at Premier Inn Kings Cross.

The only box it doesn't tick is the "traditional building" but you could use this as a starting point and then know that anything that meets other conditions but has a quainter building will win.

Staying near the Piccadilly Line is handy for arriving from Heathrow/leaving from St Pancras (If you have special requirements as to no steps etc that means narrowing it down to a few specific stations or bringing a taxi into the mix)

Premier Inn has twin rooms (2 separate single beds) and allows you to search for them. The KIngs X one meets your rate, but some others seem to as well. It is a boring building but the upside is that it is new and everything works.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
847 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London booking the the most difficult

We stayed at the Luna Simone a few years back. Price seems right and the may have a twin room. We loved the location. Very quiet, and not too far from Victoria station. Good luck. We are going to Paris next year, and I already know the hotel research portion of the planning will be daunting.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London booking the the most difficult

I just looked on the site I use www.londontown.com

I entered your dates, 2 people, clicked on twin room, budget and mid-range places, central London and price shown includes tax. It searched and came up with quite a few in your price range especially around Kings Cross / St. Pancras / Euston / Bloomsbury. Clicked on the map to show all the hotels and self-catering.

The map is interactive, just click on the price tag and the hotel info will show up and you can book from there.

Very reliable, great discounts and easy to book.

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London booking the the most difficult

Thank you for your suggestions everyone, knew you would bring another perspective to my search. McVisor, we love to walk, no problems with steps, though would not like to pull suitcase too far. We are going to Paris too Lahad 1, we have booked our hotel, will post a review after we have stayed. Thank you for londontown tip, Londonlass, off to search some more

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London booking the the most difficult

I agree.. London is the hardest . Booking Paris will be a breeze in comparision..

We ended up using londontown.com to book.. and think we did ok. Booked Studios2let and the Celtic Hotel .. as we too will be in London two seperate stays. Good luck.

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London booking the the most difficult

Yes londontown providing lots of options. happy days to you and yours!

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
183 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London booking the the most difficult

Sally R, have a look at the Travelodge Covent Garden. Close to Holborn tube, supermarkets, shopping, theatres, places to eat all within walking distance, and good value for money if you book well enough in advance.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London booking the the most difficult

Maybe try Castletown House?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,873 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London booking the the most difficult

Try one of the budget hotels on this list compiled by TALF regular Tex Scott:

https:/…

FWIW I've always found Paris particularly difficult to find comparable standards of accommodation for the same price you'd get in London.

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: London booking the the most difficult

Thank you Archer _011, did look at Travelodge Covent Garden but some of the reviews were not positive.