We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow conneIf i were to arrivecting flights

buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow conneIf i were to arrivecting flights

If I were to arrive at Terminal 3 at LHR from the U.S. on American Airlines at 08:10 would I have enough time to get to get to Terminal 5 for a 10:30 British Airways International flight? I will have 1 checked in suitcase.

thanks

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow conneIf i were to arrivecting flights

Are your flights on one ticket, or separate tickets?

If one ticket, no problem at all, as your bags will be checked through, you'll be issued with boarding passes for your BA flight when checking in with AA (at EZE?), and you can use Flight Connections and transit air side.

If you have separate tickets then things could get problematic. You're lucky as both carriers are OneWorld, and so your bags can still be checked through, and it appears that AA and BA will treat you as if you're a through ticketed passenger and protect your "connection" (even though it may not be a true connection). However, there could be issues if your passport doesn't give you entry clearance to the UK, or if there is a schedule change to either flight.

For separate tickets, it's explained here, the OneWorld part is covered at the bottom.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g41707-c207311/Newton…

Edited: 14 April 2014, 04:07
buenos aires...
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow conneIf i were to arrivecting flights

Thanks for your outstanding answer. I wanted to spend a day in Miami before going to London. Now, I will use plan B. Leaving from N.Y.C. to London for a much earlier arrival.

3. Re: Heathrow conneIf i were to arrivecting flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:16