We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm, Sweden
11 posts
Save Topic
From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

Hello!

We are 2 swedish men who are going to Liverpool Saturday 26 April and home Tuesday 29 April. We are traveling with airplane to/from London and we have some questions.

Wish trainstation in London is the best one for us to travel from to Liverpool Lime Street in Liverpool? Is it London Euston? And witch is the easyist (cheapest) way to get to the city (trainstation) from Heathrow?

Do you advice us to buy traintickets to Liverpool from home or can we do that when we get there? My worry is about if the trains are fully occupied on a saturday afternoon but on the other hand if we buy tickets from home we take a risk if the airplane is delayed or something. I know we can buy open tickets but they are to expensive for our budget.

I would prefer to travel to Liverpool by flying to Manchester but its to expensive theese time. Hopefully traveling by London is easy for us also.

I hope you understand my english and that someone can advice us a little bit about our questions. YNWA /

Caterham, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

Trains to Liverpool depart London from Euston station.

From Heathrow, take the Heathrow express to Paddington station and then transfer to the Underground (tube) - you take the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus then change to Victoria line to Euston.

I suspect you will need to buy your ticket in advance, at least for the Euston to Liverpool train as it will be cheaper that way.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,551 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

>>From Heathrow, take the Heathrow express to Paddington station and then transfer to the Underground (tube) - you take the Bakerloo line to Oxford Circus then change to Victoria line to Euston.<<

NO!! Don't take the Heathrow Express, unless you want to throw money away. Take the Underground (Piccadilly line) to Kings Cross St. Pancras, and it's about a 10-minute walk from there to Euston. This will cost you about five pounds each instead of 21 pounds. The Heathrow Express is the most expensive railway journey per km in the world.

Stockholm, Sweden
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

Thanks! Ok, what do u think about time from when the airplane arriwes 11:30 at Heathrow to Euston Station? I know there is a train to Liverpool at 14:07 and another one 15:07 from Euston Station with ok prices.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,551 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

Book the 15:07. If you get to Euston much too early you can have a coffee or something in the station.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

Would be easier to fly to Manchester

London
Level Contributor
9,561 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

Are you looking at "advance" type tickets? These are not flexible - if you miss your train you must buy a new ticket.

Look at the "off peak return" fare and compare that to two "advance" tickets. The "off peak" ticket has a lot of flexibility - so if the price difference isn't great from "advance" tickets you may wish to use that instead of being locked to a particular train.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,068 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

<<Would be easier to fly to Manchester>>

It would, but the OP has already checked that option out and its too expensive.

Stockholm, Sweden
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

Thanks to all of u kind people who is giving us advices. Yes, it would be much easier to fly to Manchester but it is to big difference in price. Because of the price we probably are going to listen to "Shuffaluff" suggestion and take the Underground to Kings Cross St. Pancras and then walk to Euston Station.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

I hope you have booked a hotel in Liverpool!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,557 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Heathrow to London to Liverpool Lime Street. Advices?

The easiest (and quickest and step free too) route from Heathrow to Euston is to take the Piccadilly line to Green Park, and then change to the Victoria line three stops to Euston. That way, even with the change, you'd be emerging onto the Euston railway station concourse before the Piccadilly line train arrived at Kings Cross.

Make the change at Green Park by taking the escalator up to the ticket hall and then follow the signs to the Victoria line (escalator down). That's much easier than following the signs on the platform, which take you on a long walk through the station's underground walkways.