We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Way to Get from Heathrow Airport to Central London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Best Way to Get from Heathrow Airport to Central London

My husband and I are flying into Heathrow on 5/9 (Friday), flight lands near noon. We will be staying across from The Eye near Waterloo Station. What is best way to hotel with each of us wheeling 1 carryon and 1 larger suitcase?

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
564 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Way to Get from Heathrow Airport to Central London

I'll be staying near there, too. My plan is to take the Tube to Westminster Station and walk across the bridge to our hotel. From what I've gleaned on here, it only takes one change of trains on the tube (from Piccadilly to District Line), and if we make the switch at either Hammersmith or Barons Court, it's just a few steps across the platform from one train to the other.

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Way to Get from Heathrow Airport to Central London

Correct - a very easy journey

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
564 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Way to Get from Heathrow Airport to Central London

Now, depending on exactly where your hotel is, you may prefer to alight at the Waterloo Station. You could get there by switching from Piccadilly Line to Victoria Line at Green Park or to Bakerloo Line at Piccadilly Circus or the Northern Line at Leicester Square. All three of those lines go through Waterloo, but I'm not the expert who could tell you which is the easiest exchange.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,695 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Way to Get from Heathrow Airport to Central London

If you're staying in the County Hall area near the Eye, it is far easier to get the Piccadilly line, change at Hammersmith - very easy, cross platform - to District line and exit at Westminster (can be step free). Take exit 4, Bridge St, turn left and the hotels (marriott, Park plazas, Premier Inns are about 5 minutes walk across Westminster Bridge.

If you are staying over toward Waterloo Bridge Road (H10, Hampton etc) Waterloo is better. I would take the tube to Holborn, exit and either hop in a cab the rest of the way or if you're up to it, hop on any of a number of buses - 68, 168 as they stop nearer the hotels.

Which hotel are you staying at?

5. Re: Best Way to Get from Heathrow Airport to Central London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 06:16