We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro bus gatwick

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,447 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Metro bus gatwick

Apologies for posting here but I see the Gatwick forum hasn't had a question answered for 10 days

Metro bus - I've never heard of this but looking for a transfer from Gatwick airport to Manor Royal PremInn this is what came up. What does it mean? Is it a local bus or private, reliable?

I see for the Travelodge it has a shuttle bus Gsomething that looks like the Heathrow Hoppas. Is that so?

What do I look for and where do I look when trying to find out about transfers to a cheapish hotel please? I'm going to be landing at 0.55 am so late by the time I've got luggage and outside it's going to be darn late, tired and as single female don't want to put myself in any difficult situations.

brownie_CE
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro bus gatwick

I would be surprised if there was a bus running at that time and if there is unless it is a hotel shuttle I wouldn't fancy getting it, I would rec a taxi, there will be a taxi rank at gatwick, or might be worth calling your hotel for tips

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro bus gatwick

Metro is one of the operators of local buses round Gatwick - I've no knowledge of their reliability. You may find a problem that they don't in general stop at the hotels - but in the road outside, and not necessarily directly outside but maybe 100 yards down the road. OK if you know exactly where you are going. One route does run all night

metrobus.co.uk/travel-info/airport-services/

Have you considered the Yotel - no need to leave the airport

Edited: 14 April 2014, 21:36
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,447 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro bus gatwick

Not too sure about Yotel, claustrophobic for a country woman and twice the price of the Travelodge but interesting.

Metro goes 24hr and is the cheapest. Only take 10mins. Guess I need to know where they stop exactly but now I know what they are I feel I have a start.

Taxis don't want 10min fares as I found to my horror one dark and freezing day.

Have a bargain holiday offer but trying to keep the cost of getting to the airport and 2 nights hotel so it remains a bargin could have me more exhausted than not taking the holiday!

Thanks both for the info.

4. Re: Metro bus gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 06:16