We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Heathrow hotels near airport?

Chicago
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
London Heathrow hotels near airport?

We will be traveling through LHR with a layover and wanted to find out the closest hotel to the airport. We will have an infant and a 2 year old and it will be late so we hoping to get something close. Would love suggestions and help on proximity! Thanks... Think we are coming into terminal 3.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

The closest hotel depends which terminal. So its best to be sure, rather than think and then book the wrong hotel. What airline are you using?

If it is T3, then there really isn't a "closest" there are a large number all roughly the same. Look for hotels on the Bath Road. Try somewhere like Booking dot com to see which ones fit your budget.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

Take a look at these. Bath Road (east) is the most convenient for the central terminals (123).

londontoolkit.com/lhr/heathrow_bath_road_eas…

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

Recommended Hotels for you near London Heathrow Airport LHR

→ Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel

→ Holiday Inn London Heathrow

→ Radisson Blu Edwardian, Heathrow

→ Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

→ Park Inn by Radisson Hotel and Conference Centre, Heathrow

California, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

I have an early flight on the 19th of October back to US and I just need one that has a reasonable price and closer to Terminal 2 . How about Ibis Hotel...it is the cheapest so far. Any thoughts?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

The Ibis is a reasonable choice. It's about a five walk from the bus stop at Harlington Corner for the free service to the Central Bus Station, a short walk from T2. https:/…heathrow.pdf

California, USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

Thank you for the information... booking at Ibis right now. It says that check-in is at 12 pm. Is this midnight check-in time? Kind of confusing ... if so, I will be just sleeping for 4 to 5 hrs. the most since my flight is at 8:30 am.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

Adank,

12pm = 12 noon

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,164 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

These hotels are at terminal 4 rather than terminal 3, but inter-terminal travel is fairly easy and both are actually at the airport rather than a bus ride away.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

My daughter stayed overnight at the Yotel in Terminal 4. I thought the hotel was rather fun.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g528813-d7297…

Edited: 13 August 2014, 07:08
Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

We will be travelling from terminal 3 quite early in the morning so we will stay in a hotel as close to the airport as possible. We have a lift to the hotel but will need to get to Heathrow in the morning. Is there a good bus service? We have found the taxis have been rather expensive in the past but we need something reliable.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,773 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London Heathrow hotels near airport?

Check if the hotel is on the Hoppa service. That's a local bus service running from the hotels to the airport. Several buses run out to various of the hotels. They have the timetable which lists the bus numbers and the hotels involved here

nationalexpress.com/wherewego/airports/heath…

I've stayed most recently at the London Heathrow Marriott and its a ten minute ride or so each way and the lines start between 4 and 5 in the morning and go to just short of midnight. Cheaper than a taxi from memory, but its about 5GBP per person one way.