We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation

What is the best way to get from the Waterloo train station to the Hounslow tube station? We will traveling on a Saturday afternoon with luggage? Can you give me an estimate of the fare?

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation

You can get a direct train from Waterloo to Hounslow. It's a 40 minute trip and standard adult fare is £5.90. You should check the exact date for any engineering work.

Where are you arriving at Waterloo from though and are you going somewhere specific in Hounslow (visiting friends?)

Edited: 15 April 2014, 17:21
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,411 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation

There are four direct trains an hour from London Waterloo to Hounslow, single fare £5.90.

However 'Hounslow' is not a tube station, it is National Rail and managed by South West Trains.

If you meant one of the three Hounslow stations on the Underground (Hounslow East, Hounslow Central or Hounslow West) you could catch the northbound Jubilee Line to Green Park, then the westbound Piccadilly Line - any train heading towards Heathrow will stop at all three Hounslow stations.

As you are travelling on a Saturday both routes may be subject to engineering work. If you tell us your date of travel we could check this for you.

Edited: 15 April 2014, 17:23
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation

Now I am really confused! I will be traveling to the Days Inn, 8-10 Lampton Rd, Hounslow. Can anyone tell me if this hotel is actually near a tube station and if so, which station. I chose Days Inn because I thought it was walking distant to a tube station and close to Heathrow. Thank you for any help you can give...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation

Now I am really confused! I will be traveling to the Days Inn, 8-10 Lampton Rd, Hounslow. Can anyone tell me if this hotel is actually near a tube station and if so, which station. I chose Days Inn because I thought it was walking distant to a tube station and close to Heathrow. Thank you for any help you can give...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation

This is on the hotel Web site. Close to Heathrow, Central London, Hounslow Central Tube Station and Shopping Center

Stay at Days Hotel Hounslow - Heathrow East hotel for a royal trip you will never forget. Just 10 miles from London, our Hounslow hotel puts you within 10 miles of the most sought-after destinations in this world-class city. The Hounslow Tube is just steps from our door and Heathrow Airport is five miles away."Close to Heathrow, Central London, Hounslow Central Tub?

Are we talking about the same place?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation

Hotel is several minutes walk to Hounslow Central Tube, see the google map link......

http://goo.gl/maps/WM8sk

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation

Hounslow Central station is about a minute's walk from the Days Inn in Lampton Road. The potential headache is that Hounslow Central is not step free - there are a total of 38 steps up from the ticket hall to the train platforms (or down from the platform to street level).

Hounslow Central rail station is probably a seven or eight minute walk from the hotel and like the Underground station is not step free. Rather than that you may wish to consider taking the Jubilee line from Waterloo to Green Park and making a step free change there (escalator up to the ticket hall then another back down to the Piccadilly line platform for a train towards Heathrow airport) and then alighting at Hounslow Central. When you leave the station look left and you will see the hotel just past the Travelodge, on the right.

As avove, though, if you will make this journey at the weekend please let us know the date as Underground works could be altered, requiring a different routing.

Edited: 17 April 2014, 03:10
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation

No need to be confused, it is an easy journey.

As above , take the Jubilee line from Waterloo to Green Park, change to the Piccadilly line West, take any Heathrow Train to Hounslow Central.

Location is a good choice.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
103 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation

My confusion was because #2 said there was no tube stop at Hounslow. Thanks for all the help.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation

My confusion was because #2 said there was no tube stop at Hounslow.

-------

It did not say that at all.

It said;

However 'Hounslow' is not a tube station, it is National Rail and managed by South West Trains.

If you meant one of the three Hounslow stations on the Underground (Hounslow East, Hounslow Central or Hounslow West) you could catch the northbound Jubilee Line to Green Park, then the westbound Piccadilly Line - any train heading towards Heathrow will stop at all three Hounslow stations.

------

This is why people here advise never to truncate names.

Regards stations, there are Hounslow , Hounslow East, Hounslow Central and Hounslow West. The latter three are tube stations, the first one is not, its a railway station. And you referred to "the" Hounslow tube station. Which could have meant referring to Hounslow as a place with one tube station, or the Hounslow railway station as if it were a tube station.

Edited: 19 April 2014, 07:01