We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

We are staying at a hotel next to the London Eye. Would anyone know whether there is a pub close by where we would be able to watch the AFL Grand Final on last Saturday in September. It will be very early in the morning, around 4.00am.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

hI Zeehan

I would have severe doubts about any pubs being open in London at that time. Your best bet would be if your hotel has cable Tv available or failing that internet access to the game via an Australian based TV or rodio coverage.

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Brighton
Level Contributor
4,425 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

you never know, i would have thought some around Earls Court might be open and show it, some might even be serving beer, if they've applied for a 24hr licence, if not they'l be doing an early breakfast. check out the aussie pubs linked.

www.fluidfoundation.com/topten.asp…

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

There's a Walkabout bar in Covent Garden.

Check with them - they might be doing a special event for it? or know where there might be coverage.

Failing that you might have to find a nightlcub open until 6-7am with TVs! Don't know of one myself but might be one about.

Or book a hotel that has good satellite coverage and arrange your own party :-)

Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

Thanks so much to all for your suggestions. Plenty of food for thought there.

Mind you, if West Coast aren't playing, I'll probably just sleep in!!!

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

There is also a Walkabout next to the Temple station on the Thames, almost directly opposite the Eye. They had long queues when the World Cup was on so if they are showing it get there early.

www.walkabout.eu.com has a list of fixtures showing, but not into September yet.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

Or check here for pubs with sport themes

www.sportspubs.co.uk

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
618 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

Try any Walkabout pub - they show most of the sport from Australia and New Zealand - if they aren't showing it live, they will probably replay it first thing in the morning. At the moment they are opening at 8.00am (or the one in Putney is anyway) to show the Tri-nations games.

The best thing to do is probably to pick up a T'n'T magazine from outside most train/tube stations. This is the NZ/Aussie/SA mag and has lots of adverts of what pub is showing what. It comes out Monday mornings.

Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Australian Football Grand Final on TV in London

To anyone else who may be interested. The Walkabout pubs are intending to open for the AFL Grand Final but have to sell tickets and it will probably be ten pounds for Breakfast and Beer.

Now I've just got to hope my team is in the Grand Final.