We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in England and Paris

ROSEBUD
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Holiday in England and Paris

I am thinking of going to England and Paris. I would like to visit country side of England I'm not sure exactly where but just want to get an overall view of the country and then go over to Paris. I thought maybe an organised tour around England trying to see as much as I can within a period of say 2 weeks and then go over to Paris and spend a week or so around that area. Suggestions please. I am not able to walk long distances so need to keep this in mind.

Strawberry Tours - Free Walking Tours London
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Fun London Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday in England and Paris

Do you want to spend any time in cities - London particularly

What is 'long distances' in walking - do you mean you don't want a 10-15 mile hike through the countryside, or are you not able to manage (say) half a mile from a coach to look round a village

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,217 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday in England and Paris

Your plan sounds fine and I am sure a lot of people do that. The question is which tour company to book with that gets consistently good reviews. I know a few that get very mixed reviews and I hope that others can make some recommendations for you.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday in England and Paris

What is your definition of long distances? I walk a minimum of 2 miles a day without even really doing anything.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday in England and Paris

Unfortunately this isn't a really great forum for coach tours. If you put coach tour into the search box and then re-order in order of date (rather than relevance) you will find the most recent reviews.

When people review tours of any kind the most common complaint is they are too fast paced. So check any tour description very carefully. If the description says "view" or "see" that probably means drive by rather than visiting the attraction. Such tours are often pretty demanding. Up at 6am, on the coach at 7, many hours driving etc. So be aware before you choose.

The other thing you need to consider is that at many tourist sights a lot of walking is involved. For example Hampton Court Palace, Tower of London. At many such places you may borrow a wheelchair if necessary. Also there are often accessible routes (especially important in old buildings. Welcome to the land of stone spiral staircases), with lifts or simply flatter. These are usually indicated on websites and maps.

It is hard to help you further without knowing more about what you want to see and your mobility limitations but I hope you can start to make plans.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday in England and Paris

When investigating tour companies you must ask them directly about the amount and type of walking. As Akkarin says, you will have to get on and off the coach, walk from the car park to the sight and the sight will often need walking over uneven ground, up and down steps and so forth.

And cities will require a fair bit of walking too.

Specific research is the answer to having an enjoyable and interesting time.

6. Re: Holiday in England and Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:16