We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garden Party Buckingham Palace

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Garden Party Buckingham Palace

Hello,

I have 2 questions regarding this.

The first question is how to get to 1 Grosvenor Square W1K 4AB from the Earls Court tube station and the second question is which of these three entrances to the palace would be easiest to access via the tube?

1. Grand Entrance

2. Hyde Park entrance

3. Grosvenor Gate Entrance

I have to collect my invitation from the address above and attend the party from any of the three entrances mentioned.

Thank You

Rutland, UK
Level Contributor
6,088 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garden Party Buckingham Palace

Forget which entrance is easiest to get to from the tube: go in the front entrance. You're probably only going to do this once so make the most of it - you don't want to slink in via the tradesmen's entrance! Incidentally, the invitation sternly says that cameras and mobile phone cameras must not be taken into the grounds. I went in 2011 and this regulation was ignored by a few, in 2012 I went again at it was ignored by most. I think so long as you are not too ostentatious nobody much minds and in front of the palace and in the courtyard it was open season for photography. If you'd like further advice about where to position yourself for the best view and speak to the royal family feel free to send me a private message.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garden Party Buckingham Palace

Thanks Beauchamp.

I've read elsewhere on this forum that a photo I.D. is required for the 7 day travelcards. Is this a fact or not? They've arrived by mail already along with my London Pass and it doesn't mention anything about photo I.D.

I don't want to carry my I.D. all over the place unless it's absolutely necessary.

Could anyone clarify this?

Thank You,

3. Re: Garden Party Buckingham Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2015, 06:15