We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day rooms at Heathrow

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Day rooms at Heathrow

I am travelling from Vancouver Canada to Heathrow and then on to Cape Town South Africa, I have a fairly long stop over at Heathrow and would like to get a day room. Bearing in mind I am travelling on a South African passport so unable to leave the airport. I am in my sixties, and did consider Yohotel but not familiar with the concept, not sure if it is ideal for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated folks.. my flight Vancouver arrives at 11h40 and my flight to Cape Town departs at 21h30.. so quite a long wait....

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day rooms at Heathrow

There are many terminals in Heathrow and they are not connected to each other, can be kilometres away. What airlines are flying with?

There is for example Traveller's Lounge in T3, that rents out bedrooms, but if you're taking British Airways to Cape Town, you'll be in T5 with very little possibilities.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day rooms at Heathrow

Many, many thanks for your help, I am flying from terminal 5 with British Airways, think it is BA59.

Oh dear, what would my options be.

Hope you have a blessed Easter and thank you so much for assisting me. So nerve racking this!!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,549 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day rooms at Heathrow

You can book dayrooms at the Sofitel at T5 which adjoins the terminal but you'd have to go landside which I assume you can do on your passport:

sofitel.com/gb/…index.shtml

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,286 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day rooms at Heathrow

"Bearing in mind I am travelling on a South African passport so unable to leave the airport. "

That's not necessarily the case. While South African citizens usually do need a transit visa, there are exceptions including certain cases including when in transit from Canada (with appropriate documentation). You can check whether you'd qualify for transit without visa here - https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,014 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day rooms at Heathrow

Please do check that you can come "landside" as it would great affect our advice. If you can't then you are limited to the various airside lounges which are listed here - heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/s…

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day rooms at Heathrow

There are many terminals in Heathrow and they are not connected to each other

There are currently four terminals open, and 1 and 3 are connected to each other.

7. Re: Day rooms at Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 17:39
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,014 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day rooms at Heathrow

Airport transfers from individual hotels are NOT free at Heathrow...with one exception and it's not the Ramada.

9. Re: Day rooms at Heathrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16