We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London bus maps

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Abingdon, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
London bus maps

Until fairly recently it was possible to download (pdfs) excellent maps of bus routes serving various stations, districts etc eg bus services from Marble Arch, bus services from Paddington station, Liverpool Street , Euston etc.. These were in a format similar to the currently available map of bus services in Central London obtainable from tfl. These were excellent maps, very clear and easy to use to navigate around the capital, showing local bus routes and interchange points with rail services. They were ideal in providing an overview of quite a large area. The present system presupposes a knowledge of which bus/route one needs to use. What has happened to these excellent maps??

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London bus maps

You can can find the maps by going here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/maps/bus and clicking on "View Bus Route maps"

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,479 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London bus maps

You mean the (in)famous spider maps?

They took some finding, but they are here:

origin.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/

Use the'Browse alphabetical list' to find a particular location.

Abingdon, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London bus maps

Many thanks - I'm glad you thought it took some finding! I think I'll print them all, out for future reference.

EH

Abingdon, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London bus maps

Thanks but this did not produce the desired result.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,479 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London bus maps

What was the desired result? From the description you gave I thought the spider maps were exactly what you were looking for.

For example, here's the one for Paddington Station:

…tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…paddington.pdf

Abingdon, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: London bus maps

My comment about to the desired result was not to your helpful reply - I forgot that this was an open forum. Spider maps were exactly what I wanted - They go very neatly in a handbag!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,479 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London bus maps

OK, sorry I misunderstood - the pitfalls of an open forum!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: London bus maps

If you'd like a paper copy of all five bus guides for the Greater London area just call tfl. at 0843 222 1234 and select option 3.

9. Re: London bus maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 10:05
10. Re: London bus maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 07:16