We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How easy is it to get to Travelodge Docklands on the DLR?

Leeds, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How easy is it to get to Travelodge Docklands on the DLR?

Is it safe at night and is it worth the huge discount on a hotel?

I'm staying in London for the FA cup final and it will be a Saturday. I will be going for a few drinks around London at night but will be getting the DLR back to the hotel.

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How easy is it to get to Travelodge Docklands on the DLR?

The DLR runs quite late though you are not limited to that. The frequent 15 and N15 (nightbus) takes you from the West End and City to East India Dock Road (I assume that's the hotel you mean).

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/times/N015.htm

As for safety, there is a popular gay pub not far from there, so if screaming queens in their finery can do it, I don't see why a football fan can't:-)

Edited: 19 April 2014, 16:59
London
Level Contributor
10,177 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How easy is it to get to Travelodge Docklands on the DLR?

Yes, the DLR is safe. Suspect you mean the one at Excel? You'll get better answers if you specify exactly which hotel you mean as there are a number of Travelodges in the docklands area.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,749 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How easy is it to get to Travelodge Docklands on the DLR?

Travelodge Docklands is the one on East India Dock Road.

I have worked around there late at night and it is very very quiet after 20:00. From the DLR you have to go down one level and cross Aspen Way by the bridge.

If you catch the bus, then you can only cross the road in one place which is opposite the hotel.

4. Re: How easy is it to get to Travelodge Docklands on the DLR?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 06:16