We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

I was disappointed with the terminals internet charging. This should be provided without charge, especially appropriate where people arrive early or are subject to flight delays. There are already plenty of ways that the airport benefits from travellers expenditures within the terminals.

Caterham, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

It may be disappointing but not at all surprising! Where else than an airport do you get so many people, stuck in a place, bored,many of whom will be away from their home country, so would incur roaming charges if they use their smartphone, and many of whom will want to communicate with friends/family. No doubt they make a fortune!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,171 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

"This should be provided without charge"

It is - heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/s…

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

Yes, there is a first 45 minutes that is 'free', providing you divulge your personal contact information. Anything beyond that is then charged.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,171 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

Join Heathrow Rewards and you get 90 minutes free...but then of course you don't want to give your contact information.

And £3 per hour isn't extortionate by UK standards.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

Heathrow wifi is rubbish - slow speeds (0.5mb download if u r lucky), Facebook blocked - tried to use it for emails a few occasions just gave up - there's a thread on flyer talk about how bad it is

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

Your best bet is to try and use The Cloud or 02 wifi hotspot if near one of the cafe outlets as usually these are free without that time restriction

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

It is pretty typical. I have been to airports all over the world and I get excited when there is wifi at all even if it's only free for an hour. At least I can message my family to let them know I am about to board. I don't think anyone could get any work done on it but most of those folks are in the lounges anyway.

Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

Strange how cafes that normally offer free wi fi suddenly have no wi fi when situated in Heathrow Airport...

Jacksonville Beach...
Level Contributor
1 post
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

It is now 2015 and when one tries to log into and create a rewards account to pay for wifi their server just gives up.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heathrow Terminal Internet WiFi

Most Coffee shops have wifi now and Wetherspoon too.

Last time I flew Cathy Pacific business lounge was great.