We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Ampersand Hotel or the Apex Temple Court Hotel ???

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
The Ampersand Hotel or the Apex Temple Court Hotel ???

Hi folks,

My family (2 adults, 2 seniors and 1 4-yr old child) are looking to stay in London for 4 nights in late August as part of our European vacation.

We have narrowed our hotel search down to the Ampersand Hotel or the Apex Temple Court Hotel -- both seem to have their pros and cons. However, I am curious what this forum community would recommend between the two and why.

And, does each hotel offer any senior rates on top of their "best available rate" which seems to be the advanced purchase rates?

Key considerations include:

- proximity to sightseeing sites, either by walking or via the Tube or other modes of public transportation

- proximity of restaurants and other stores in the neighborhood of the hotels

- safety and general vibe of the neighborhood

- overall size and decor of the rooms - basically which offers a better room for 2 adults and 1 child

- overall quality and cleanliness of the rooms

- service at each hotel

- ease of getting from Heathrow and to the train station where the EuroStar train departs

THANKS!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,390 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Ampersand Hotel or the Apex Temple Court Hotel ???

Both are absolutely fine. The Ampersand is slightly easier from Heathrow via the Piccadilly line) but with your party size and luggage a car service would be an option making that redundant. Same for Eurostar, hop in a cab.

Both are clean high quality hotels which should be apparent from reviews. The Apex is better located for sites IMO - on the very handy bus routes for St Paul's, the Tower, Westminster and the South Bank, some walkable. The Ampersand is a bit more boutiquey and accessible via several lines from South Kensington to the sites.

I would still say though as suggested on your previous thread that a serviced apartment or aparthotel like Citadines or Club Quarters might be a better investment and give you the opportunity to save a bit by selfcatering breaksfast or the odd snack or meal and give you more living space.

New York City
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Ampersand Hotel or the Apex Temple Court Hotel ???

Thanks, parklandwalk.

We appreciate your insights.

As for a serviced apartment or the Citadines and Club Quarters, my wife did some research and found that it is actually more costly, especially with the serviced apartments where we would seek a 2 bed-2 bath apartment for the five of us, including a sofa bed. That said, the space does seem slightly bigger in those accommodations.

Thanks, again!

Anyone else with any thoughts?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,610 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Ampersand Hotel or the Apex Temple Court Hotel ???

Of those two, I'd book the Apex.

But you'll not go wrong with either.

New York City
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Ampersand Hotel or the Apex Temple Court Hotel ???

Thanks, lordkimmage. We ended up booking Apex!

5. Re: The Ampersand Hotel or the Apex Temple Court Hotel ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:16