My family (2 adults, 2 seniors and 1 4-yr old child) are looking to stay in London for 4 nights in late August as part of our European vacation.
We have narrowed our hotel search down to the Ampersand Hotel or the Apex Temple Court Hotel -- both seem to have their pros and cons. However, I am curious what this forum community would recommend between the two and why.
And, does each hotel offer any senior rates on top of their "best available rate" which seems to be the advanced purchase rates?
Key considerations include:
- proximity to sightseeing sites, either by walking or via the Tube or other modes of public transportation
- proximity of restaurants and other stores in the neighborhood of the hotels
- safety and general vibe of the neighborhood
- overall size and decor of the rooms - basically which offers a better room for 2 adults and 1 child
- overall quality and cleanliness of the rooms
- service at each hotel
- ease of getting from Heathrow and to the train station where the EuroStar train departs