We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picking up train tickets at a different station?

Southern, Louisiana
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Picking up train tickets at a different station?

You all helped me immensely yesterday...so I'm back with a new question.

Let's say I'm going to Hampton Court on a Tuesday (for example) and I'm going to Bath on the next day. When I'm at Waterloo buying my HC train tickets, can I go ahead and pull my prepaid advance purchased Bath tickets as well...thus saving a few minutes the next day at Paddington?

Thanks again.

London
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picking up train tickets at a different station?

I'm sure you can. Waterloo will definitely have machines available for ticket collection. You need to take with the card that you made the purchase with.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
952 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picking up train tickets at a different station?

When you have more than one set of tickets ordered you normally need to enter your booking ref no. As well as putting in the payment card. But to answer the question, yes, I have picked up tickets at a different station to the one nominated when booking them.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,789 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picking up train tickets at a different station?

Chiming in with another "yes, I've done this".

Specific example: I recently went for a night out in Glasgow followed by an overnight sleeper to London followed by a morning train to Luton. At Haymarket station in Edinburgh, I bought my Glasgow train ticket, then collected my Glasgow to Euston ticket, and my St Pancras to Luton ticket.

Much to the annoyance of the person behind me in the queue for the ticket machine :-)

Southern, Louisiana
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picking up train tickets at a different station?

Ok this is good news. Now one more fool question, do trains to a specific place usually leave from the same platform? For example, do all of the PAD to BTH leave from platform one at PAD or will I have to have the wits to check the board on the day in question?

Southern, Louisiana
Level Contributor
271 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picking up train tickets at a different station?

And thank you again for your replies!

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Picking up train tickets at a different station?

<I have picked up tickets at a different station to the one nominated when booking them>

Tickets can be picked up at any machine that is linked to the online booking system. Some "standalone" machines are equipped only to sell tickets, and so you can't pick up pre-booked tickets from them.

The booking website lists all the stations with "linked-up" machines and asks you to nominate one so that you don't innocently go to a "standalone" machine and find that it doesn't work.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Picking up train tickets at a different station?

Paddington to Bath trains leave from a variety of platforms - nearly always the lower numbered ones though 1-5

There are very clear displays

Edited: 27 April 2014, 17:06
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
56,216 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Picking up train tickets at a different station?

If you do have trouble viewing the displays, there are also announcements and an information desk.

9. Re: Picking up train tickets at a different station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:16