We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex Temple Court vs. Hotel Indigo

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Apex Temple Court vs. Hotel Indigo

Hi folks - Let me say it now to avoid any responses that I should really check prior forum postings for answers to readers' recommendations regarding either of the two hotels. I have checked the forums and most of the reviews are several years old, so I am looking for more timely advice. The Apex Temple Court seems to get consistently good reviews on TA, and from what I have read, the Hotel Indigo also gets much praise. It's a coin toss at this point, but any input that might sway me either way would be appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apex Temple Court vs. Hotel Indigo

Which Hotel Indigo are you considering? If the property in the Minories I think it's worth a stay. Although a bit east of the city centre it is almost adjacent to Aldgate station with 11 buses calling there and three Underground stations within a five minute walk (Aldgate, Aldgate East and Tower Hill).

The Hotel Indigo in Barkston Gardens is less than a five minute stroll from Earl's Court station. It is a bit west of the city centre and not quite as well situated for transport, although the Underground from Earl's Court and the number 74 bus do yeoman duty.

The Hotel Indigo near Paddington is fairly near the station, again with good bus and Underground connections, but I think (sorry, lordkimmage) that it's just not as handy as the other locations.

The Apex Temple Court is handy for buses in Fleet Street and near Blackfriars station. If my budget could run to it I'd very much like to stay there.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
747 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apex Temple Court vs. Hotel Indigo

Which Hotel Indigo? We stayed at the one near Earls Court tube station, and we loved it! It's the perfect boutique hotel, and they don't nickel and dime you. So many extras thrown in like free WIFI, high quality tea bags, snacks, bottled water (sparkling and still). It's cosy - such a fab place to wake up in and a welcoming place to return to at the end of the day. The breakfasts at the hotel were sumptuous! The hotel is a 5-minute walk from Earls Court tube station, so convenient.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apex Temple Court vs. Hotel Indigo

Sorry about that - Indigo - Tower Hill is the one we are looking at.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,168 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Apex Temple Court vs. Hotel Indigo

Sorry, not an Indigo fan even in Paddington. I'd book the Apex Temple Court.

5. Re: Apex Temple Court vs. Hotel Indigo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:16