We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June trip to London.

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
1 post
Save Topic
June trip to London.

Hello all!

I always find the best advice on TA and would love to get help from you all on my planned trip to London next month (31st May-14th June) with my husband. We are a young couple on a budget travel from New Zealand, travelling to London for work between 2nd-8th June, both dates inclusive. We will be landing at Heathrow on 31st May and plan to spend that day along with 31st, sightseeing London. Leaving out 10th June (we plan to be in London that day), we got 9th, 11th-13th before we travel back on the 14th.

We are very much interested in seeing as many diverse places outside London as we can.

A trip to Bath, Stonehenge, Windsor is most certain along with a visit to Manchester stadium. We want to spend a night or two in the English countryside and are deciding on the Cotswolds/Lake District/Stratford upon Avon/Kent.

Which would be the most ideal place for us to unwind and relax enjoying the typical, charming English countryside (preferably strolling along a small river or roaming around small towns?) keeping in mind June weather?

We will be heavily relying on public transportation to take us around.

Suggestions and advice are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reen

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June trip to London.

Your message is titled "trip to London" but your question is actually about places outside London.. so it may not be read by the people best placed to answer it.

June weather is unknown and unknowable until July. With luck you will have some sunny warm days, perhaps with a bit of rain for variety. But maybe something entirely different.

The places you mention (Bath, Stonehenge, Windsor) must be pretty crowded as nearly all posters on TA seem to head straight for these places. Bath & Windsor can be reached easily by train from London. I confess I've never visited Stonehenge.. The Cotswolds are lovely, as is the Lake District.

I suggest you use Google Streetview and image search to get a feel for what these places look like (if you don't mind cheating). Obviously the Lakes include lakes and hills - the village centres can be busy and touristy sometimes, but it's possible to get away from the crowds - more easily if you have a car of course. June is not school holidays here, so it won't be full-on peak season. There are numerous threads on there on visiting the Cotswolds by public transport if you search.

Being a Rutlander, I also like the area around Stamford/Rutland which has some picturesque villages with nice pubs, nice walks, and almost no tourists at all. It looks a little like this in May/June:

https:/…

Inevitably, if you want to explore villages and small towns, it's easier with a car. Stamford can be accessed by train. There are some local buses - maybe cycling would be an option on a nice day?

Edited: 02 May 2014, 15:26
2. Re: June trip to London.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:16