We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Waterloo by The Underground?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Waterloo by The Underground?

Looking at getting The Underground from Heathrow Airport to Waterloo, looks like my best option is Heathrow to Green Park then transfer to Jubilee Line to Waterloo. Does the ticket I purchase at Heathrow cover the whole journey?

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Waterloo by The Underground?

It will, but unless that's the only journey you're planning on making that whole day, I'd recommend getting a Zone 1-6 travelcard which gives you unlimited travel on all buses and trains all day. A single cash fare would be £5.70, a travelcard £8.90, and all are discounted further on an Oyster Card.

For future travel almost all the main sights of London (inc Green Park and Waterloo) are in Zone 1, Heathrow's in Zone 6. tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/tube-dlr… gives the current 2014 fares.

Worthington...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Waterloo by The Underground?

I'll be doing the same voyage in June. We'll be there for another 3 days....any advice on what type of tickets we should do for 2 adults and a 15 year old?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow to Waterloo by The Underground?

Same initial advice except for the 15YO who will need to buy one day child rate travelcards

You also need to think about 2 for 1 - see top questions about London at the top right of this page - which might influence what you buy

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow to Waterloo by The Underground?

BillyHicks88 thankyou for the info on fares.

It will be our only trip that day after returning hire car to Heathrow mid-afternoon then heading to County Hall. Will probably purchase a Zone 1-3 Travel Card at Waterloo Station to take advantage of 2 4 1 deals.

5. Re: Heathrow to Waterloo by The Underground?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 06:16