We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Limerick, Ireland
7 posts
Save Topic
Travelling from London

Hi Im travelling to Belgium on the 17th of July. Im flying to London Southend I'll be there at 8.50 a.m. Whats the easiest and cheapest way to get from Southend airport to st pancras station? My train leaves at 2.04 p.m.

Return Journey

My train arrives at st pancras at 4.03 p.m. and I have to get to Heathrow , my flight is at 9.pm. whats the cheapest and easiest way to get there?

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,497 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from London

There's only one sensible practical way of getting from Southend Airport to London, which is by train. Every 20 minutes to London Liverpool Street, then catch the westbound Circle/Hammersmith & City/Metropolitan Line (any train will do) to Kings Cross St Pancras. Leave Southend Airport after 09.30 and buy an off-peak one-day travelcard for £21.30.

St Pancras International to Heathrow Airport is a straight shot on the Underground Piccadilly Line, cost £5.70. Make sure you know which terminal you need as there are three different Heathrow stations.

There are ways of saving a bit more by using an Oyster Card and/or using a bus between Liverpool Street and St Pancras, but this way is the most straightforward.

Limerick, Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from London

Can I book the ticket for the train online? I'd like to have everything booked before I get on it

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from London

You can book the Southend - London ticket online yes. Pick it up at the airport station when you arrive.

Limerick, Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from London

I also tried to book the heathrow express ticket I thought its £5.70 but its £21 on the website?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,408 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from London

We are suggesting that you do not take the HEX but the Piccadilly line tube from St Pancras to the airport because of the price difference. That cost is £5.70 and that cannot be booked in advance.

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from London

You don't need the heathrow express. You need to take the underground train from st pancreas to heathrow. Takes about one hour on Piccadilly line. Buy the ticket at the station. You can't buy underground tickets in advance

Limerick, Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from London

Thank you so much for all the help ! Everything is planned now

8. Re: Travelling from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 07:16