We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,169 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

Hello Experts

I am travelling on BA to Vancouver thru LHR. my flight arrives LHR at 15:35 and the connection flight to Vancouver departs LHR at 17:15. Both are from Terminal 5. my question is: Do I have enough time to onboard my connection flight if I don't have to collect my luggage.

Many thanks

California
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

If everything is on the same ticket and your luggage is being transferred to the next flight, then yes you should have enough time. You'll go through the connections lane, then security and on to your gate.

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
577 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

Yes. There is always the chance that something will go wrong, and your flight into LHR will be late. But if it's on time, 1:40 is plenty of time to make a connection. We flew from Paris to Atlanta via LHR with a connection time of about 1:15, with both incoming and outgoing flights using Terminal 4. We got through security and to our departure gate just before they started the boarding process.

That said, if you're nervous about the consequences of missing the connection, if your flight is delayed, you might want to give it more time. I think the 17:15 flight is last chance to get out, so missing it would mean waiting until the next day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

Bit tight but I think you will ok ,fingers cross!

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,169 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

Thx. Will keep my fingers crossed and hope for no delays.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,526 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

If your first flight is from a UK airport (you could have said where you were coming from!), you simply locate the gate for your next flight and head there.

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

If your first flight is from a non-UK Airport then you will have a hand baggage check (the 100ml liquids rule applies, so make sure your life-threatening hand creams and the like are in your checked luggage) and security check, then you go to your gate.

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

In either case 1h40 is quite achievable, or BA wouldn't allow you to book it.

Edited: 06 May 2014, 07:59
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,169 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

My first flight is from Dubai to LHR.

7. Re: Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 11:35
8. Re: Is 1 hour 40 minutes enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17