We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tube strikes ?

dublin
Level Contributor
351 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Tube strikes ?

Hi

I was wondering if there are any more tube strikes due over the next few weeks ? I couldn't see anything on the news websites except that the most recent strike had been suspended. Is there likely to be more - next week for example ?

Also would anyone know which website would be best to check on for any updates ? (overseas visitor here).

Thanks

Mike

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,306 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tube strikes ?

Most likely the negotiations will plod on till a bit later in the RMT election process!

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
498 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tube strikes ?

If in doubt check the tfl website (although they only tend to post once strikes are confirmed and a few days away) or keep watching BBC News etc websites

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,699 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tube strikes ?

There haven't been any further strikes announced as yet. Now there is a revised offer on the table the RMT Union may need to hold a further ballot.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 15:33
London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tube strikes ?

Meanwhile - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27317164

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tube strikes ?

The union must give the employer at least 7 days' notice before they can call a strike. In practice, there normally seems to be at least 2 weeks' notice of most of the TFL strikes. I know another group of TFL workers voted for industrial action this week, so I think it's a question of "watch this space". unitetheunion.org/how-we-help/…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,750 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tube strikes ?

Did the TSSA not announce a 24-hour strike?

7. Re: Tube strikes ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:18