We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail Station for 7 day travel card

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Rail Station for 7 day travel card

Hello everyone! I think with my research I found that the oxford station will be closest to my hotel and that I can buy a paper 7 day travel card there?

I am staying on Portman Square @ Hyatt.

TIA

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

Oxford station? Oxford station is in the city of Oxford. You are thinking of Oxford Circus station. Station and street names are never truncated in the UK, and doing so will lead to confusion.

But Oxford Circus is an Underground (Tube) station, not a rail station. The nearest rail station to your hotel is Marylebone.

London
Level Contributor
9,557 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

Oxford is miles and miles from your hotel.

Perhaps you meant Oxford Circus? If you do mean Oxford Circus, you must say that. I don't want to appear sharp, but truncating place names in London will cause you no end of problems. Don't do it. If you ask for a taxi to Oxford, there's every chance you'll be off on a 50 mile drive.

And no, you can't buy a paper 7 day card at Oxford Circus. You need a National Rail station. Euston is probably nearest to your hotel.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,246 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

think you mean oxford circus as oxford station is in oxford town many miles away. Anyway no unfortunately not but you from marylebone station - which isn't too far away.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

Thank you for your responses. Yes I meant Oxford Circus I believe and thank you for clarifying I am glad I asked here the website is a bit confusing to me to "find a rail station".

Thanks again

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,631 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

Glamrus, if you look at this article, under step 1, the words "rail station" are a hyperlink to all the rail stations in London.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-c195600/Londo…

You can also use google maps to find your hotel and look for the National rail symbol nearby.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,963 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

I think it would be more helpful if the term "National Rail station" was used, which is more accurate, and better then the rather generic "rail station". Technically any station with trains is a "rail station".

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

Don't forget each will need a passport photo for the ID Cards, see this document: https:/…edit

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,631 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

Fair enough Bungle. I've clarified that in the article.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,590 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

The closest National Rail station to your hotel is Marylebone. It's a 13-15 minute walk, or you could take a bus. Walk up Gloucester Place (heading left as you face Portman Square to bus stop K and take the number 2 to Marylebone station. - http://goo.gl/maps/Cx3PK

You'll need the National Rail ticket counter at Marylebone, not the tube ticket office (which is also on the main station concourse at that station). Here's the place to go. - nationalrail.co.uk/SME/…o2580-0010811.jpg

By the way, you keep mentioning "I" in your posts and not "we". The 2 for 1 offers require two or more people in your party, they're not suitable for solo travelers. So just want to check that you are indeed traveling with someone else.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 18:45
10. Re: Rail Station for 7 day travel card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:18