We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stansted Airport: Flight in the early morning

Berlin, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
Stansted Airport: Flight in the early morning

Hello,

I will travel to London in the end of May and am a bit concerned about my Flight from Stansted to Berlin.

My flight departs from Stansted Airport at 6:25am on Sunday.

I would take the Stansted express train from London at 4:10am.It should arrive at Stansted airport at 5am(anybody knows if that train usually arrives on time?).

I am a European citizen,will come with a printed boarding card and don't have any bags to check in.

Do you guys think 1h25min are enough to go past security, border control and board the plane at Stansted?

thank you

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from US$140.13*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,957 reviews
from US$144.25*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
515 reviews
from US$97.54*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
814 reviews
from US$97.54*
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stansted Airport: Flight in the early morning

ok first I need to know where you will staying in london to get the train from?

stanstead express trains are reliable but expensive -

you can look on www.easybus.com or www.terravision.com coach services they all depart from liverpool street area and you can get seats for 1/4th of the price or even less and they have frequent coach services to stanstead.

regarding 1 hour and 25 mins - thats enough with just cabin bag and boarding pass :)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,911 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stansted Airport: Flight in the early morning

easyBus's unreliability is legend on this forum and it should be your last choice.

'Do you guys think 1h25min are enough to go past security, border control and board the plane at Stansted?' Perhaps, but possibly not. There is no border control on departure from the UK but there may be a queue at Security or the StanEX may be late in departing Liverpool Street such that you arrive at the airport later than you had planned.

Rather than take the Terravision coach from Victoria at 0330 or from Liverpool Street at 0350, why not book a hotel near STN the night before your flight? Doing so will save potential headaches on the day, as Ryanair staff are not known for tolerance to late arrivals.

3. Re: Stansted Airport: Flight in the early morning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 07:16