We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Brakeaway bike tour would you recommend ?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Brakeaway bike tour would you recommend ?

Hello Everyone,

I am planning a trip to London ( mid June) with my 13yo daughter and I think it would be fun to do one of these tours :

http://www.biketouroflondon.com/

I just can't decide if the Grand tour or the Secret Tour would be better. Both sound great, but we will also do a Hop on and Hop off Bus tour, so I think we might get all the main sightseeing spots covered.

I am also wondering if we can do the bike tour and then take the train to the Harry Potter studios in the afternoon or if that would be too much for one day ?

I appreciate everyone's input and help, Thank you.

Alternative London
Walking Tours, Lessons & Workshops, Beer Tastings & Tours, Bike Tours, Private Tours
BrakeAway Bike Tours
Bike Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Liquid History Tours
Walking Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Bike Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Brakeaway bike tour would you recommend ?

The Secret Tour is oddly named as there is nothing on it which is a secret. The Grand Tour however seems to be full of things that are both unusual and probably unknown to most people.

The Secret Tour is only afternoons so your can't do that and then HP. It also crosses Tower Bridge which means they either go on the pavement, which is illegal or use the road which even I wouldn't advise unless I was absolutely confident in the ability of the guides (I hope there would be more than one) to marshal the ride across the narrowest and poorly surfaced bridge in London.

The Grand Tour looks like a good way to find some hidden facts about London

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Brakeaway bike tour would you recommend ?

Thank you , that is definitely something to consider.

PA
Level Contributor
62 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Brakeaway bike tour would you recommend ?

My family used FatTyre Bike Tours in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it. The guide was exceptional. We took the Royal London tour and there was very little road riding. http://london.fattirebiketours.com

Whichever you choose - have a great time.

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Brakeaway bike tour would you recommend ?

I once did a bicylce tour in central London and wouldnt do it again, I found it too be a bit scary.

That said I think fat tire tour do one which is more in the parks so cant comment on that. I have done a Mind The Gap tour that I enjoyed, but that was to Hampton Court Palce and is a day trip(you arrive at around lunch and are then able to visit HCP and travel back by public transport)

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Brakeaway bike tour would you recommend ?

I was wondering how close you get to traffic - I don't know how comfortable my daughter is with riding a bike while cars rush by her.

Thank you for your input .

Maybe we will do a walking tour. I need something to do for Sunday afternoon, I know a lot of places close early on Sunday. It's our first day there and I thought with a small tour we can get an overview of what we want to do the following day.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,993 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Brakeaway bike tour would you recommend ?

Cars can't "rush" anywhere in London, except perhaps along The Embankment.

Edited: 16 May 2014, 08:28
7. Re: Which Brakeaway bike tour would you recommend ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17