We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
34 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

My husband and I will be traveling 6/21 to 6/29 to visit our son studying in London. He is staying at Mansion Hub near Vauxhall. We would like a nicer hotel somewhat near him or within an easy tub ride. Does not necessarily need to be in same area, just a hotel with easy tub access and on a more direct route since we are not very familiar with the tub. Budget around 250 to 300 GBP a night approximately. Breakfast included would definitely be a bonus that we would like. Also, we greatly enjoy good food, so within close proximity to nice restaurants would also be a plus. We have not been to London so not familiar with options. I am a Marriott Rewards member and Hilton Honors, but will consider other options as well. Thank you for any help. Need to book soon.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,726 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

Near Vauxhall there is the Park Plaza Riverbank. Bit of a desert in the immediate area eating wise though there is the Rose and a few pubs and restaurants back toward Vauxhall or over toward County Hall/South Bank.

Bit further but nicer place to stay is the Marriott County Hall.

Loads of hotels around Victoria (although at the moment there is a lot of construction going on which can make the area very congested). There is a Doubletree (for Hilton points), a Park Plaza and a Premier Inn. Nicer hotels toward St James's though - the Intercontinental, St Ermin's St James's Court off the top of my head.

Ballymena, United...
Level Contributor
980 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

Hi have you tried Vauxhall Travelodge,we stayed there at easter ,lovely clean rooms and hotel,breakfast can be included,right beside tube ,bus and rail stations ,2 minutes on train to waterloo ,wait rose next door and sainsburys just around corner,

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,171 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

I think you can do a lot better than a Travelodge with that budget. The Marriott County Hall mentioned in he first reply would be my choice.

And please don't take this the wrong way but it's the tube (or underground) not tub. I have visions of you arriving down the Thames in a bathtub!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

Park plaza riverbank ok but surrounded by construction during day. At night it is quiet. We are staying here right now and like it. We walked to many of the gorgeous sites today. Going to see more tomorrow. Ate at a nice cafe near Vauxhall and were pleased. It is a Portuguese resto and bakery. Mom and pop business very nice. We came here by hired car from Heathrow terminal 5 cost with tip 50 £. Were at hotel in 30 mins. Good luck

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

For such a long stay, a studio room at either Park Plaza County Hall or Park Plaza Westminster Bridge might be a consideration.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,556 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

Another vote for the County Hall.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

For anyone staying in the Park Plaza Riverbank who has an interest in art pottery, or Victorian architecture, please pop around the corner and look at this.

workspace.co.uk/images/…SRNCHJZIKR.jpg

This was the Doulton Art Pottery building and its adorned with examples of its ceramics.

Exit the hotel, turn right, then right again and it's on the corner facing you.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
34 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

So sorry for the tub vs tube mistake. Too funny. Anyway, thank you for the suggestions. My husband definitely likes the idea of staying on the river. So if anyone else has a suggestion for a river hotel, send them along. I looked at the Chelsea Harbor view, but it didn't look near a "tube" station. Not sure how convenient the overground lines are, see it is near Imperial Wharf. The Marriott seemed nice, on the higher end of price, but still checking for specials. Has anyone stayed at the Chesterfield Mayfair? It looked nice with great reviews. Since we are staying 8 nights was thinking perhaps we could stay 4 nights at one hotel and then 4 at another possibly for a different feel or part of the city. . So many choices. Ahh it is overwhelming. I so appreciate the help !

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,171 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

The Chesterfield Mayfair is a lovely hotel in the heart of Mayfair. I understand the desire to stay in two different areas but it will take at least half a day out of your valuable time what with packing and unpacking, checking in and out, transferring and possible being unable to check in at the second hotel until later in the day.

Hotels with river views do of course come with a premium; Chelsea Harbour may be lovely but you are, in London terms, in the middle of nowhere with only a couple of bus routes and three trains an hour from Imperial Wharf.

The Park Plazas will probably work out cheaper than the Marriott and you could also look at The Pestana near Chelsea Bridge and Battersea Park. A little less central than others and again public transport isn't the best but it could work for you.

pestana.com/en/…home.aspx

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel suggestions near Victoria/ Vauxhall tube stations

The Royal Horseguards might be an option.