We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday afternoon in London?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday afternoon in London?

Hi

On Sunday 25th May, I have about 6 hours to kill in central London whilst I wait in-between train connections.

I don't get to London too often, so am not really sure about I should do with myself? I'm travelling alone, so need an activity I'm ok doing alone. Not really interested in going shopping, but maybe a museum, gallery or interesting market, something I wouldn't find in my little home town? All suggestions welcome!

I'll arrive at Victoria station at 10.30am and need to back at Victoria to catch my connecting train which leaves at 4.30pm.

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,723 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday afternoon in London?

From Victoria you could walk to Buckingham Palace which is about 10 minutes away. Then either walk down the Mall or walk through St James Park to Trafalgar Square. On the north side of the square is the National Gallery and just round the corner is the National Portrait Gallery. You are then also close to Covent Garden with an ordinary indoor market, small antique style stalls, up market shops , street entertainers and cafés.

London
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday afternoon in London?

From Victoria find your way across the river to the South Bank - if you're not sure where it is, then aim for the London Eye. Once you get to there, then just stroll along the river towards Tower Bridge, and on the way you'll go past buskers, food stalls and lots of other stuff.

There are plenty of places to find something to eat, and when you get bored, just find a bridge to walk back over the river and take an underground train back to Victoria.

Congratulations to the Swans on finishing 12th, by the way. They are a very attractive team.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday afternoon in London?

All galleries and museums are open sundays. Do a search on google and find somethibg that interests you. Tate britain is walking distance from victoria and is worth visiting for the turners.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,719 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday afternoon in London?

As you are going to be nearby, what about the Queens Gallery and the Royal Mews?

5. Re: Sunday afternoon in London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 09:17