We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deciding between 4 hotels

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Topic
Deciding between 4 hotels

Hello all,

Me and my wife will be in London for 4 nights in early December.I did some reserach and came up with these 4 hotels which are in our budget.

1) Ridgemount (65-67 Gower Str.)

2) Darlington (111-117 Sussex Gardens)

3) Jesmond (63 Gower Street )

4) Luna Simone (47/49 Belgrave Road)

I'd be grateful if you could help us decide which one to choose.We'd like to be in a nice area with good transport options nearby.

Also i'd like to ask if the city is decorated with christmas lights,etc during that time (4-8 December).

Many thanks in advance,

Grigoris

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

All good choices.

As for location, I would prefer either of the Gower Street hotels.

The Darlington is probably the best hotel of those four, but the Paddington area is not as central.

Luna Simone is nice, but not as centrally located.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

Not to throw a spanner in the works, but Premier Inn is opening a new hotel in a good central location: premierinn.com/en/hotel/LONHOL/london-holborn Might be worth considering.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,387 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

The city centre will be full-on Santa's grotto with lights everywhere. Especially Oxford Street and Regent Street. Sit in the front seat at the top of a double decker bus and enjoy the view as you travel.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

I just checked the Premier Inn - Holborn booking for your dates. £296 (pre-pay, no refund) for four nights (average of £74/night). Incredible price. If the hotel meets your needs, I would certainly give it strong consideration. Even the flexible rate of £444 is a very good price. There's and excellent breakfast place just across the street and lots of other options in the area as well.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

Thank you TexScott and Akkarin for your replies.I'll take a look in that hotel also but we'd prefer not to stay in chain hotels.Thanks anyway!

Grigoris

San Luis Potosi...
Level Contributor
590 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

Check out the Lynton hotel.

http://www.lyntonhotel.co.uk/

Its small but located only a few minutes from Victoria station. Its an economical hotel but the hosts are very friendly and the hotel consistently gets 5 star ratings on TA.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d279672…

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
847 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

We stayed at the Luna Simone in 2010. Small, but very clean. We thought the location was good, just a few minute walk to Victoria Station. Also there is a bus right across the street that we used a lot. Can't remember all the areas it went to, but we found transportation in the area to be good.

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,478 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

I too would prefer Gower St

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,006 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

You'll not go wrong with any of those four traditional hotels.

The heart says Sussex Gardens, the head says Gower Street.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Deciding between 4 hotels

Thank you all for your replies.To be honest i liked the look of Luna Simone better but prefer the location of Ridgemount.Choosing the latter seems to be more sensible though!

Grigoris