We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

We will be staying near Pimlico Station for our visit to London this July. Can anyone give me a simple route from Pimlico to get to Harry Potter? And any advice on train tickets. We will be visiting in late July and visiting HP on a Thursday.

Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g2691242-d2147749/Lea…

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

The simplest way of getting there is to take the Victoria line from Pimlico to Euston, and then the train from Euston to Watford Junction.

At Watford Junction, there are taxis or a shuttle bus to the studios.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,901 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

The important thing is t make sure you get the Studio Tour itself booked up. 'Late July' is when the UK schools will start their summer holidays and the Tour will be in great demand, even on a weekday.

And they won't let you in if you turn up without a booking.

The trains you can worry about nearer the time, especially as they don't need to be booked in advance.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

Thanks for the information and simple train advice. Everything I was reading seemed to give so many options and I was feeling overwhelmed. We will be purchasing our tickets shortly for the tour. Dates aren't sold out yet. We have a little flexibility the week we are in London--we just prefer Thursday based on other things our family wants to do (we are travelling with my parents, brother and sister-in-law none of whom will be joining the five of us for the Harry Potter tour). Many thanks for the quick responses!

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

One more question--Do I need to make a reservation for the train from Euston to Watford Junction?

Bushey, England
Level Contributor
317 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

No. Buy tickets beside the entrance to platforms 8,9,10,11. Trains for Watford Jn usually depart from there but best to head back to the main concourse to see all possible departure points.

Also, you want London Midland (usually stopping Harrow & Wealdstone, Bushey, then Watford Junction). Approximate time 20 minutes. The slow overground train takes 18 stops and around 50 minutes. Avoid those.

EDIT: If you have an Oyster card, then as long as it's charged up, you can get to Watford Junction without buying additional tickets. Watford Junction is zone 9.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 17:49
Talcahuano, Chile
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

I took the overground and enjoyed the ride. It's slower but I since I scheduled the entire day for Harry Potter I didn't mind. I also was able to pay with my Oyster card so that was convenient too.

8. Re: Getting to Harry Potter from Pimlico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 05:15