We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

Hi - it's been many years since we've travelled to the UK. Now with 2 children in tow I'm thinking about using a car service from Heathrow to Marble Arch. We will be arriving after a long haul flight from Australia - and whilst the tube is cheaper; there's a bit of chopping and changing to get to our destination. I am a bit concerned about how long companies wait before they start charging - I can imagine clearing immigration and customs may take some time. Grateful for comments - who to avoid - and who was great to use. I've looked at a couple of threads on TA but seeking some up to date info. Kind regards and many thanks.

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

londonheathrowcars.com should help.

Texas
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

I was recently researching a car service for the Mr. & my trip in June. Tex-Scott provided me a link which I found VERY helpful in deciding which car service to book.

I hope it helps you too!

https:/…edit

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,974 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

Here's the link to TexScott's car service doc. The link in #2 didn't resolve.

https:/…mobilebasic

London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

It's quite expensive the waiting time from some companies that are on the list. I know that www.247airporttransfer.co.uk which I usually use give you the possibility to choose as many minutes as you wish after the landing, then, when this period ends you have another 30 minutes free of charge and after the extra charge is 30 pence/minute.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

I usually book with DJ's from Hither Green. Best prices and very trustworthy. 3-4 times per year , for many years back. Not a single problem. If you want me to, I can message you their phone number.

Yuri.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

Familyfrenzy could find DJ's phone number through a search engine if they wished, but presumably they would want to be paid for their journey from south-east London out to Heathrow, as well as from Heathrow to Marble Arch.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

Not true!

Yuri.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,407 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

Myrtle!

Just to make sure, I gave DJ's a ring. They don't charge extra for taking people from LHR to Central London.

No , the owner is not my relative ( you can't imagine an Ashkenazi Jew in Catford !!!).

They are ok, therefor deserve people's business. That's it.

Yuri.

9. Re: Good car companies for transfer from heathrow to london?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:15