We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tower bridge exhibition

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
tower bridge exhibition

My 8 yr old daughter really wants to walk across the top of Tower Bridge. We really aren't interested in the engineering aspects of it (although we'd like to see it open so we will keep an eye on the schedule for that). I've read that there's a small movie at the beginning and entrance to the lower engineering area at the end. Does anyone know if you HAVE to do that? Can you just pay the entrance fee and walk across the top? Thank you :-)

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tower bridge exhibition

You do not have to watch the movie, it runs somewhat continuously, so people wander in and out.

My Dh & I can't remember if it is just a long "trail" where everyone goes through the room with the movie, then across the bridge, then down to the engineering level and exit, or if we had to consciously go to those other areas.

Sorry! But you definitely do not have to watch the movie.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tower bridge exhibition

Ok I found a youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0-5GbG3S04

(start at about 4 min in)

It does look like it is one long route, but you can easily just hurry through what you do not want to see,including the movie and engineering room.

HTH!

Talcahuano, Chile
Level Contributor
609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tower bridge exhibition

There is a short movie at the beginning but you just can tell the staff that you want to skip it and they will let you through.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tower bridge exhibition

I'm posting just because TA has been acting very strange for me today. Sometimes posts are there... sometimes they aren't. I received an email that there was an update to my original posting but when I go to it, nothing there... so strange. I thought that if I post, it might somehow appear.

ETA: It worked! So bizarre. Til I posted this one, all I saw was my own.... no responses.

Edited: 23 May 2014, 21:20
Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tower bridge exhibition

Thank you! Good to know we don't have to stay for everything. I'll have a look at that youtube video to see if the walk across is worth the expense... if not, I'll talk my daughter out of it :-)

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,524 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tower bridge exhibition

I think the posting wierdness was due to site maintentance yesterday. The disappearing posts seem to be back today.

Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tower bridge exhibition

Just go straight through and skip the movie. Last month in one of the walks across there was a '60s exhibit which was a trip down memory lane for me, for younger people probably not so much. There is a great view from both sides, and there are small windows that can be opened for picture taking, but they are easy to miss if you're not looking for them.

You have to go back outside and downstairs to the engine room, and it was not very interesting IMHO.

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tower bridge exhibition

There is a great view, but IMO, we (family of four) did not think it was worth the money or time.

It was "interesting," but not as much as other things in London, and we enjoy these kinds of things normally.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tower bridge exhibition

Thank you all. I've started to reconsider this all together. Even with the 2 for 1, it would cost our family 26GBP to go across... I can't help but switch that into CDN dollars... and its a lot to walk across a bridge LOL. I'm thinking that my daughter is going to have to be happy with just walking across it from down bottom.

London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tower bridge exhibition

Probably better to go on the London Eye. And there's a combined ticket with the London Aquarium and Madame Tussauds that I do think is good value.