We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Hawthorn Woods, IL
Level Contributor
124 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
London with teen boys

We will be in London next week for a few days. The first day we have arranged for a tour of the city with all the highlights. The second day, I am trying to decide what to do with my 16 & 18 year old sons. The are music / movie buffs, not so much into sports. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,760 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London with teen boys

Why are you deciding what to do with them? at 16 and 18 I would get them a map , a guide book, give them £50 and tell them to be back at the hotel by a certain time and have a good day.

Edited: 24 May 2014, 07:59
Level Contributor
2,859 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London with teen boys

Hi it might be too late but if they are really into movies as my 16 year old was he loved the Harry Potter studios. It is great for people of all ages. If they like Sci-Fi movies the Forbidden Plant store was a highlight too. Enjoy your trip.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,079 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London with teen boys

Both good suggestions. Surely they have some ideas of their own and can be very specific at that age.

Depends what sort of music they are into. There are iconic sights, theater halls, free live music.

There is always the Tower and the executions. That gets most lads imaginations.

Boats of all eras www.london-footprints.co.uk/visitships.htm

Quite honestly there is loads they might want to see. Get them to do a bit of research on their interests.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London with teen boys

Brit Movie Tours does bus and walking tours in London of filming sites for various movies, including Sherlock, HP, and Dr Who (not technically a movie of course). There's also the London Film Museum in Covent Garden which is having a Bond in Motion exhibition now. I'm not sure if they still have the exhibits that used to be in the Movieum of London on the Southbank which included some Star Wars props (we visited in 2008) and if they do, whether they're still near the London Eye or if they've moved to the Covent Garden location.

London
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London with teen boys

I agree. Just give them £50 and a cheap cell phone and let them loose. Just tell them that you don't want them back before 6 o'clock, nothing bad will happen to them.

You can buy cheap cell phones in lots of places in London.

6. Re: London with teen boys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 05:16