We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping with Sales in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baden, Austria
5 posts
Save Topic
Shopping with Sales in London

Hi!

I am looking for big shopping malls (clothes, shoes, gifts, jewelry, ...) in London that have GOOD deals, sales, ... Details of my stay will follow:

I will be staying in London for a week. More specifically in Ilford, northeast London. I'll be daily going to the Excel Exhibition center. And I know I can reach Victoria Royal by public transportation.

Schedule:

Ill be staying in London from Friday 29 August 2014 to Saturday/Sunday 5/6 September 2014.

Free time is mainly After 6 or 7pm, but I'll have two full free days as well (from 7am to whatever time it takes)

Budget:

I am looking for good quality, yet don't care for brand names (unless you can find some of those on super sales). I am used to https://www.c-and-a.com/, http://www.peek-cloppenburg.com/ specially when they are on Sales.

If you can include trip details, I'd be grateful, otherwise I'll find them myself. I'm planning to take a 7-day-bus-pass card for 20£. Seems best to save on tubes transportation.

Thank you!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

There is no C&A nor Peek-Cloppenburg in London I'm afraid.

Baden, Austria
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

Anything in the same spirit? I read about outlets and they seem affordable, if anyone has an output about those

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

Just go to the nearest branch of Primark. Same quality as those boring Germans you're fond of, far cheaper and far more fashionable. 364 days a year.

Baden, Austria
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

Thank you Flanneruk! I am trying to stop to be fond of those "boring Germans" :) I just need new names. Primark has been noted :) will look it up immediately

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
192 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

Westfield in Stratford is a big shopping centre with lots of shops and also has a Primark store.

uk.westfield.com/m/uk/centres/stratfordcity

London
Level Contributor
715 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

<Same quality as those boring Germans you're fond of>

??? C&A is Dutch and Peek & Cloppenburg was founded in Germany - by 2 Dutchmen.

I wouldn't have considered the two companies equal in terms of cost/quality/spirit but maybe they are in the Austrian market rather than the German one, which is where I know P&C.

Westfield Stratford is a good suggestion and open late enough (until 9pm Monday-Friday) for you to go in the evening but it may not be viable if you travel by bus. It'd be worth adding some PAYG cash to your Oyster card, along with the bus pass, to make the occasional DLR/tube journey.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,389 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

Have you realised how far Ilford is from central London? It's a good 10 miles (17 km). On London buses, the timetable is normally for 1 mile every 10 minutes, so if you insist on sticking to buses, you're looking at 1.5+ hours' travel time to get to the centre. Ilford is on a relatively quick overland train route into Liverpool Street (c 20 minutes), which will save you lots of time. There is only one bus route direct from Ilford to central London (the 25), which does follow a useful route to Oxford Circus, but will be slow, particularly if there is traffic (which can be at the weekends around Ilford as well as traditional rush hour).

There is some shopping in Ilford town centre, but mostly at the lower end of the cost spectrum. In addition to Primark, you may want to check out Matalan. Westfield is full of mainstream shops, but not full of fabulous bargains, unless there are shops having sales. The sales are not all held at co-ordinated times (except the after-Christmas/January sales), so there should be some things on sale when you travel.

Baden, Austria
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

Westfield is AWESOME! I've checked the mall guide and it has everything. I'll just visit all and buy from best Sales! As a matter of fact, you guys are AWESOME for having mentioned it! You've made my day!

As for transportation, i need the bus for the daily trip to Excel (cheapest way since I have 5 days so 10 trips) and it takes 55mins as google maps says (one bus #147 I think). I'd love to add some cash on my card for Tube trips or whatever they are called, but having raid Wikipedia and everything I still don't get how the system goes with the zones and the costs :(

For Westfield, I will take the "train" but how much will it cost? How much in your opinion should I add on the card for a week stay?

Matalan is in the same spirit as Primark. Will definitely go for it as well.

As for C&A and P&C, please allow me to clarify: I'm currently staying in Austria, but that's not my country of origin. Yet I love C&A and use it for its high quality items, since they are great quality and affordable budget for non-brand items.

I know P&C from Dortmund, Germany, where I've seen crazy sales on brand genuine items. They sell brand items mainly, if not exclusively. Yet, I got great lucky deals there on "old fashion items" (75% and more). I was hoping for malls with same strategy (outlets maybe? I don't know)

Primark was available in Dortmund too, its quality is lower than C&A but of course cheaper.

This forum is lifesaver, so far:

Primark

Matalan

Westfield

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,107 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

If you like Replay, there is a great outlet on Fulham road. It is South Kensington tube station, so if you are planning to see museums, you can combine your tasks.

Yuri.

Level Contributor
2,951 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping with Sales in London

You might also like to look out for H&M and Uniqlo.