We are planning to visit London for the first time in July with our 5 & 11 year old kids. Flying in July 7th evening and flying out July 18th morning; airport is Heathrow. My sister lives in Manchester, pregnant with toddler in hand, so our plan is to visit them rather than making them travel.
1) What is the best way to get to Manchester from London, we will have luggage (2 big suitcases and 1 carry on maybe).
2) Any option for storing our other 2 pieces of big suitcases which we won't be needing in UK. Is airport luggage store only option?
We are planning to come back to London on sunday July 13 from Manchester to see around for 4 days.
3) Can you suggest a hotel that is family friendly and easy to get back to airport?
4) Thinking of doing hop on hop off , any other suggestion.
5) Plan is to visit London tourist attraction for 2 days, may be Windsor castle 3rd day and Brighton on 4th day. Took this itinerary idea from Frommers, the first 4 days frommers.com/destinations/england/732080#sth…
Does it sound good, any other suggestions.
6) Best way to get back to the airport, we will have the suitcases and ours is a morning 10 am flight.
Thanks in advance, really appreciate your help.