We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London - theatre district HELP!!!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
London - theatre district HELP!!!

Hi there. I'm going to be traveling to London I'm October. I'd like to stay near the theatre district. Is it away to navigate to the that's district from the Paddington area? I've also seen Bloomsbury is a good choice... Expensive... But good.

I'd really value some suggestions of areas to stay in that are simple to get to Heathrow airport as well as the threatre district.

Many thanks

Level Contributor
3,330 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London - theatre district HELP!!!

Forget Paddington. I imagine you are mentioning it because it seems easy to get to from Heathrow via the Heathrow Express, an expensive train service.

From Heathrow you can also get into London on the Piccadilly tube line, which stops at Leicester Square (near the heart of the theatre district) as well as Holborn, Russell Square & Kings Cross, which are all handy for parts of Bloomsbury.

Bloomsbury gets mentioned a lot here because it's easy to get to from Heathrow, a pleasant & fairly quiet area yet an easy walk/ride from a lot of the interesting bits of London (including the West End - that is, the theatre district) and Bloomsbury also happens to have a good selection of well-priced hotels.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London - theatre district HELP!!!

Thank you:) noted and appreciated.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London - theatre district HELP!!!

The Jesmond hotel is a bed and breakfast in Bloomsbury right by the tube and in a very nice area. The single rooms are on the top floor and very small but it's cheap clean and safe. I stayed there last year and I'm staying there again this year. I'm a young single woman and I feel really safe staying here. It's 55 pounds a night includes breakfast :)

http://www.jesmondhotel.org.uk/

If you are from outside the UK you need to bring your passport with you when you check in

Edited: 29 May 2014, 06:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,246 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London - theatre district HELP!!!

Can you get from Paddington to the theatre district easily? Yes, very easily. You take the Bakerloo tube line to Piccadilly Circus or to Charing Cross and you are close to most theatres. That will take about 10 minutes on the tube.

5. Re: London - theatre district HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:15