We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Short Let

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
5 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Short Let

Has anyone stayed at 12A Barkston Gardens Earls Court, thru Ivy Lettings? Thoughts and advice please? I'm trying to decide between there or Carlton Court Apts in Mayfair. 2 adults and one 9yo child. Thanks!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Short Let

Can you please provide the links to the apartments you're considering as this will make things much easier for those seeking to help you.

Hong Kong, China
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Short Let

I have just been informed by the agent that the property is new on the market - no links

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,193 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Short Let

No links - no advice. Sorry.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Short Let

The Mayfair one is slightly more central, and thus also (obviously) easier to pop back to during the day for whatever reason, lets say to drop shopping off, get changed, whatever. If thats likely to be a requirement then knowing nothing about cost, facilities or anything else, that would be my choice.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,212 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Short Let

We're not trying to be difficult, but the provision of links to the properties can allow the experts on apartment renting to spot possible scams.

Will they allow you to pay via credit card or do they ask for a wire transfer?

In the meantime, read this: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k485…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,752 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Short Let

Which one is new? Ivy Lettings are legit so that at least is not an issue. If that's the new property it's unlikely anyone will be able to comment other than the area's OK, handy for transport, easy to and from Heathrow and useful stuff like shops but not particularly near main sites.

Carlton Court is offered by a number of agencies incl Refresh who are legit. Do you mean this one (it really is important to post links as the provider may not be legit even if the property is):

refreshaccommodation.com/london-apartments/…

Hong Kong, China
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Short Let

Thank you all so much for your very helpful advice and taking the time to post your replies. This is an amazing forum with amazing members! Sorry I could not provide more details as the agent (Ivy Lettings) only sent me pics and the address of the property via email so no links.

8. Re: Holiday Short Let

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 06:16