We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport

How do I get from Hilton Wembley to the City?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,630 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport

Where in the city please? The Metropolitan line runs from Wembley Park, just a few minutes walk from the hotel. Baker Street is two stops and 12 minutes away and if you mean the City with a capital C then some trains run on to Liverpool Street and Aldgate taking another 20 minutes.

By the way a please and thank you will get you a friendlier response.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport

With City I mean the main attractions, hop-on-hop-off buses, Oxford Street etc. Thanks so much for your response. We appreciate.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport

Go to Wembley park tube station and buy a travelcard each, which will give you unlimited travel on tubes buses and trains within London for the day. Then took at a tube map and take it from there.

Edited: 30 May 2014, 07:22
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport

Must I buy a Travelcard or Oystercard? We are 2 adults and 2 kids, aged 14 years.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport

Is it cheaper to buy a Travel/Oystercard online on Internet?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport

No, there are many reasons you shouldn't and that's just one of them. Read about 241 deals up above top right.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport

Must I buy a Travelcard or Oystercard? We are 2 adults and 2 kids, aged 14 years.

------

Travelcards come in two forms, either paper, or loaded electronically onto an oyster card. Daily cards are only available electronically, weekly as paper or electronic. You could also just load money on an oyster card which for one day is about the same price as a one day travecard, for a longer period it's more expensive, probably, depending how much travel you do. Everyone needs a ticket whatever form it's in. I'm not familiar with children's tickets cost I think you can get a cheaper travel card for them I'm sure someone else will say.

Edited: 30 May 2014, 07:52
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport

Dang sorry I typed that wrong, daily cards are only available on PAPER. Sorry.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,861 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport

< Must I buy a Travelcard or Oystercard? >

You don't have to, but it will cost you a lot of money if you don't.

London
Level Contributor
9,552 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport

One of those nuances of language. In London, we say "the City" to mean "City of London" - ie the small area centred on the Bank of England.