We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to London, questions about riverboat services

Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip to London, questions about riverboat services

Hi all! My husband and I are planning a day trip to London with my daughter and son-in-law in June. Right now it looks like we will drive to Stanmore on Sunday, June 22 and park up there. We're thinking Sunday is a better choice than Monday as it will be quieter, no peak rates, and no commuter traffic. We plan to purchase a one-day Travelcard and take the tube to most of the tourist spots we want to see. It looks like the Jubilee line will work great. My question is about the available riverboat services. There seems to be a few choices and I am confused! We'd like to take a riverboat to see the sights from the river and also end up at the Embankment, which I understand is a beautiful walk. It seems that there are discounts to be had with the Travelcard. Any ideas for an itinerary which would include the best deal on the riverboats?

Thanks so much for any ideas!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
London
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to London, questions about riverboat services

Have a look at the map on page 18 here: tfl.gov.uk/cdn/…london-visitor-guide.pdf

Personally, I'd get on the boat at Westminster Pier (near Big Ben) and sail down to Greenwich which will take you underneath Tower Bridge, wonder around for an hour and then take the boat back to Westminster.

2. Re: Day Trip to London, questions about riverboat services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 07:15