We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train tickets to Brighton

Heraklion, Greece
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train tickets to Brighton

Thank you all for the valuable information on this forum.

During our family trip (kids 7 and 10 years old) to London we are planning a daytrip to Brighton. The best option for a ticket for the four of us (e.g on Monday August the 4th) is a First Capital connect off peak saver return at 40.75 GBP. It is not an advance ticket (we don’t want to be restricted to specific trains) so can anyone please tell me it the above price is only for buying online or I can also buy the ticket at this price at the station when we arrive to London a few days before the travel date? Could off peak tickets to Brighton be sold out during the high season?

Since our hotel is near London Bridge station I have chosen this as a starting point but will the ticket be for boarding at this specific station only? I mean what if we decide to have a stroll before our trip and board from another station that this train stops at (e.g Blacfriars). Can we do that? So I guess the actual question is should we bother buying the ticket now or just buy before we board the train?

Thank you in advance!

Mary

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Train tickets to Brighton

Not necessarily a universal reaction - unwise, possibly even stupid, to generalise from a particular incident

12. Re: Train tickets to Brighton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 06:17