We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euston - Rugby

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leeds
Level Contributor
100 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Euston - Rugby

Hi

I need to get back from london to Rugby on 23/8/14 at around 6 / 7pm. I was originally going to get the train from Euston but it seems as though all trains have been cancelled. Does anyone know why?

Any ideas how I can get back to Rugby? I need a station close to either Wembley Stadium or Euston.

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euston - Rugby

There is major engineering that weekend, no trains whatsoever running between Euston and Milton Keynes, so you are facing a difficult journey. There will no doubt be replacement buses, miserable as they are. There will be Chiltern trains via Banbury, where you can connect onto CrossCountry trains for Coventry.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euston - Rugby

If you check the national rail website (www.nationalrail.co.uk) you will see that there are major engineering works that weekend at Watford, and nothing running between Watford to London Euston.

I imagine there will be some kind of rail replacement bus service. Check the Virgin trains website.

London
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euston - Rugby

Background info here:

networkrail.co.uk/improvements/…

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euston - Rugby

virgintrains.co.uk/updates/…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,079 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euston - Rugby

>>> it seems as though all trains have been cancelled. Does anyone know why? <<<

All lines through Watford Junction are closed that weekend due to major engineering work.

You can use the replacement bus services which will be operating around the closure. Or you could take the hourly service that will be operating between Euston and Coventry and catch a train back to Rugby from there. Another alternative would be Chiltern Railways from London Marylebone to Leamington Spa or Warwick, if there is an event at Wembley Stadium they may be stopping trains there.

leeds
Level Contributor
100 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euston - Rugby

Thanks everyone

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,258 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Euston - Rugby

I once stayed here on my way home. A most accommodating night porter.

www.grosvenorhotelrugby.co.uk/

8. Re: Euston - Rugby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 05:17