We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

Nebraska
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Topic
Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

Going round trip from Heathrow to DoubleTree London Westminster and return. The DuoSaver ticket is 50 pounds for two people round trip. Once I get off at Paddington Station I don't want to get onto another train but take a taxi to DoubleTree London Westminster. So taxi cost from Paddington to add on then.

Also the return trip to Heathrow is on a Sunday and the earliest train is 06:25 AM. My flight leaves Heathrow at 09:30 AM so cutting it pretty close.

A car service each direction has quoted me about 36 pounds plus tip so about 82 pounds RT.

Does it make more sense to pay a little a little extra and take the car service to reduce the hassle?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from US$126.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
441 reviews
from US$104.80*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,073 reviews
from US$148.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.50*
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
539 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

Yes, it does.

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

But, to be clear, the car service is £36 each way. Whether you pay a tip or not is up to you. It's not part of the price.

When I use a car service I never tip them - they charge what is the approriate price for the job - you don't need to make it even more expensive.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,479 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

Car service door to door. Esp as the cost of a taxi to/from Paddington is variable not to mention the hassle.

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,245 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

There's a bunch of better ways to get to that hotel than going to Paddington. Not really sure the Heathrow Express should even be in the discussion.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

Yes, I understand the 36 pounds is each way. OK, no need to tip the driver.

The Heathrow Express DuoSaver sounded cheap by itself before you add on taxi to get to DoubleTree Westminster.

Any other suggestions besides car service for the total trip please?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,396 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

Tube from airport, car service to airport. The former will be cheaper and quicker than car service or HEX

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,396 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

You could also consider taking a taxi to Feltham station then train to Vauxhall.

8. Re: Heathrow Express DuoSaver RT ticket versus Car Service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 06:16