We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train tickets from Lancaster to London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Train tickets from Lancaster to London

As the railway is closed between Milton Keynes and London Euston on 10th August, so there aren't likely to be any Advance tickets for sale on routes into London. The cheapest fares for train on 10th August are around 70-80 pounds which is out of my budget. Thus, may I get any advices on alternative ways (preferably cost lesser than 50 pounds per person) to travel from Lancaster to London? Thank you.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,404 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

The National Express coach service leaving at 10.10am, due in 17.05 - direct service £18.30

http://www.nationalexpress.com

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,100 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

< so there aren't likely to be any Advance tickets for sale on routes into London.>

You'd better tell National Rail that

…nationalrail.co.uk/service/…first

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

Yes but the journey is longer compared to train as it takes around 7 hours. I'd consider to take coach if there's no other way. Thank you for your suggestion! Have a great day

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,479 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

How are you getting up to Lancaster in the first place?

If travelling from London, an off-peak return is about £1 more than the single fare. Buy that rather then two singles.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

Hi! Oh I see, thank you very much for the info! Unfortunately, I'm not travelling from London to Lancaster, so I want to buy only a single.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,035 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

If you look at the link Alanrow posted, you'll see that there are Advances available, but you will need to change.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

Yes, there are a few advanced tickets shown by the link Alan shared but when I try to buy those tickets, it states there "something went wrong" and failed to proceed with payment.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

It maybe your bank blocking the payment

Try a different card

Try a different website - some are happier with overseas cards than others

Edited: 07 June 2014, 12:32
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

Hi. I found out if I take train on 10th August from Lancaster to Birmingham International (11.58-2.17pm), then from Birmingham to London St Pancras(2.40-4.22pm), it costs me around 35 pounds after group discount and takes shorter time compared to coach. Is that a good idea to travel this way? Provided my destination is King Cross, London. Please kindly advice me. Thank you very much.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Train tickets from Lancaster to London

Sorry, I checked the wrong date for trains from Birmingham International to London St Pancras. Please ignore the previous post. Thank you