We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally travelling without our kids!!!!

australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Finally travelling without our kids!!!!

Hi we love London and were last there in December with our 3 teenagers. We stayed in a fabulous apartment in Mayfair at 33 Charles st. We loved having a little extra space. We will be returning in July for a few days - finally without children. We would like to stay in the Mayfair area and would like to get some advice on a 4 to 5 star hotel which have regular rooms that are slightly larger. I have done a little research and a few comments about some of the hotels have been that the rooms are on the small side. I would appreciate any advice - budget isn't a huge problem but I would prefer not to pay extra for a suite to get more room as I don't think we will be spending much time in the room. Many thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally travelling without our kids!!!!

Do you want the services of a hotel? If not, perhaps No. 5 Maddox Street will give you the space you are looking for.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,060 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally travelling without our kids!!!!

The Athaeneum and Flemings both have apartments which might fit the bill as might grovesnor house apartments though these are all high end hotels so prices will be in line with that, but Mayfair isn't cheap wherever you stay.

jumeirah.com/en/…

http://www.athenaeumhotel.com/

3. Re: Finally travelling without our kids!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:16