Help please. Last time I was in London was about 27 years ago. Can't wait to come back and show the (big) kids. Here goes:
1. Arrive Thursday, Heathrow, rent a car, drive to Godalming (or at least that vicinity).
2. Friday, car racing experience at Dunsfold Racetrack in Cranleigh in AM. Rest of day (if not too late) driving out to see Hever Castle. Stay in Godalming again.
3. Saturday, drive to Windsor Castle and "do" Windsor for the day. Drive back to Heathrow and give back rental car. Tube to hotel in London.
4. Sunday, Museum of London, St. Paul's, Temple Church, dinner at Blackfriars.
5. Monday, Tower of London, London Eye, Florence Nightengale Museum, and (blush!) London Dungeon just for fun.
6. Tuesday, Hampton Court
7. Wednesday, British Museum, Westminster Abbey, regular city bus for seeing Big Ben, Parliament, etc.
8 Fly home from Heathrow.
Trying to fit the V&A Museum in there somewhere too. I am trying to imagine wait times for venues, time spent traveling in between places, stops for quick lunch.
Also, I read that the London Eye and the Tower of London might have very long lines. The general advice is to get advance tickets. But then you cannot use the 241 Travelcard, right? Should we expect really long lines... we will be there mid July.
As always, a thousand thanks for any help.