We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too late for Wimbledon ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Too late for Wimbledon ?

Hi everyone ,we will be in London between 23rd and 26 th of June , we are from Australia and was wondering

Is it posible at all to get tickets for Wimbledon ?Do concierges at hotels have any tickets for sale by any chance ?

I'm guessing they won't be cheap ,

Thank you

Still undecided about intercontinental Westminster or cheval three quays ?

Has anyone stayed at e cheval ( across from London tower)

Again thank you

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

You can buy tickets on the day, at the gate. Expect queues....

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

<<<<< You can buy tickets on the day, at the gate. Expect queues.... >>>>>

Very long queues....

Australia
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

Keeping in mind, it isn't an ordinary queue:

The Queue for The Championships 2014 commences at 8am on Sunday 22 June 2014.

How to Queue

When to arrive

•If you would like to queue for Ground passes, it is advisable to join The Queue a few hours before the Grounds open at 9.30am.

•It is also possible to join The Queue for late entry to The Championships, after 5pm

•PLEASE NOTE: Entry at any time is subject to Grounds capacity, which does vary. Spectators may only be admitted as people leave, subject to weather / conditions of the Grounds.

Queue Cards and Wristbands

On your arrival at the end of The Queue you will be issued with a Queue Card. This card is dated and numbered to show your position in The Queue. It must be retained and will be checked on entry to the Grounds. These are non-transferable.

Please note therefore that your position in The Queue (and therefore what ticket you will receive) is dictated by what time you arrive in The Queue.

At approximately 7:30am Stewards will issue wristbands to those towards the front of The Queue who are queuing for tickets for the Show Courts. The number of wristbands issued exactly matches the quantity of tickets available for each court on that day.

Wristbands, marked by court and with a detachable 'court' tally, will be offered to queuers according to the number of Show Court tickets available. On reaching the entrance kiosk, the tally must be detached and handed to the cashier who will issue one ticket for the court on the tally

Queuing procedures

Early in the morning (approximately 6am) anyone in The Queue will be woken by the Stewards, asked to dismantle any overnight equipment, and close up into a tighter formation to create space for those joining The Queue on the day.

Tickets are sold strictly on the basis of one per person queuing and payment is by CASH ONLY

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,958 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

In order to obtain 'ordinary' tickets, you would have had to enter the Ballot which closed on December 31 last year (and you had to already have requested the application form prior to December 15).

The only tickets legally able to be resold are Debenture tickets = ££££. Otherwise you run the risk of fake tickets, losing your money and being declined entrance.

Ticketmaster have a small allocation that goes on sale (I believe) the night before - but they go in a flash. Use the search function and you'll see its been discussed before on the forum. The search defaults to 'relevance', change it to 'date' for more recent answers.

Otherwise - I hope you like a queue. And some people start their queuing a couple of days before.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

Guess I'm watching the highlights on TV

Thank you everyone for your help

Too much in london to see and do instead

Again thank you

Baton Rouge...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

I will be in London from this Saturday (June 28) through the following Wednesday. My wife, 3 kids and I would just like to see the grounds. If we showed up after 5:00 or 6:00 in the evening on Sunday or Monday, does anybody know what the queue would look like for general admission?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,480 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

JEKFamily - you might find the info on this recent thread of use:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k756…

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,040 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

Ticketmaster tickets are available the day before, I have always looked around 10am and found tickets,.

Baton Rouge...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

THANKS to both of you for replying! I will look over Ticketmaster the day before and see if they have reasonably priced tickets (it's definitely not worth paying full price for center court tickets to just see the grounds). Otherwise, it looks like it's "hot or miss" based on the other thread mentioned as to whether we will get in after 5 or 6 in the evening.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6,480 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Too late for Wimbledon ?

If you miss out this time & come to the area when there isn't a tournament on Wimbledon offers tours with a blue badge guide - I did this last year and would highly recommend it, it's a lovely venue and beautifully kept - not cheap though!